why upper field first at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 21st, 2010, 02:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

why upper field first

i have new 2.04 firmware and in vegas my original footage has unnown field dominance, my cineform converted footage has upper field dominance. Is it canon, or vegas or cineform that is having problems. Is anyone noticeing similar isues? I have read posts about FCP, but not about cineform and vegas. After effects reads proper prograssive footage.
Mitja Popovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:52 AM   #2
Trustee

The footage is progressive, but vegas seems not able to interpret this correctly. Just change the clip properties to progressive for each clip on the timeline, before rendering.

Unfortunately vegas does not allow you to change the field properties for multiple clips, so if you have a lot of shots it is quite tedious to change them all one at a time.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:58 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Hunter View Post
Unfortunately vegas does not allow you to change the field properties for multiple clips, so if you have a lot of shots it is quite tedious to change them all one at a time.
If I recall correctly, there is a pretty simple solution. After you import one clip, change it to progressive, then when you import the rest of the clips, they will get progressive automatically.

Otherwise, Edward Troxel wrote a Vegas script (I'm sure it's online somewhere) that changes the field order. It can be applied to all the clips at once IIRC.
Daniel Browning is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD