View Full Version : 'Live' view of filmed event

Matt Bigwood
May 28th, 2010, 03:13 AM
I've been asked to film a presentation with two camera (a Z7 and S270) which will later be edited as normal.

Also, a feed needs to be taken from one of the cameras to be shown to guests in the next room on a large LCD television at the same time. What would be the best way to do this? My first thought would be to run composite video and the audio from the S270 into the TV, although it will require some long cables.

Advice would be appreciated!

Paul R Johnson
May 28th, 2010, 04:32 AM
If that's all you need, just a remote viewing of the single camera, then indeed it can really be that simple. Run a long cable for video and audio and away you go. If the camera has an audio output at line level, then it will be fine. In fact, as long as the run isn't mega long, audio will survive quite well at line level on decent cable - I run line level audio down 50m audio cables quite often and it's fine.

Matt Bigwood
May 28th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks Paul, I'm going to do a trial run next week to make sure it all works before doing it for real.

Matt

John Knight
May 28th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Just did this at a funeral. I had my Z7 at back of church, purchased a 30meter HDMI cable which run out the window to overflow 300 guests inside a marquee - HDMI into an HD projector and projected onto a 5m screen. Worked awesome!

30M HDMI Type A 19pin Male to Male Cable. VER 1.3b RealHD *Incorporates amplifier at display end of cable.

Zach Love
May 28th, 2010, 11:04 PM
I think you have to at least 150' before quality will really start to suffer.

If the other room has a monitor that can take HD-SDI off you S270, then you can easily pull 300' for cable before the SDI needs a DA.

Matt Bigwood
May 29th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Thanks for all the advice.

Matt