'Live' view of filmed event at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old May 28th, 2010, 03:13 AM   #1
Major Player

'Live' view of filmed event

I've been asked to film a presentation with two camera (a Z7 and S270) which will later be edited as normal.

Also, a feed needs to be taken from one of the cameras to be shown to guests in the next room on a large LCD television at the same time. What would be the best way to do this? My first thought would be to run composite video and the audio from the S270 into the TV, although it will require some long cables.

Advice would be appreciated!
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 04:32 AM   #2
Inner Circle

If that's all you need, just a remote viewing of the single camera, then indeed it can really be that simple. Run a long cable for video and audio and away you go. If the camera has an audio output at line level, then it will be fine. In fact, as long as the run isn't mega long, audio will survive quite well at line level on decent cable - I run line level audio down 50m audio cables quite often and it's fine.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Paul, I'm going to do a trial run next week to make sure it all works before doing it for real.

Matt
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:02 PM   #4
Major Player

Just did this at a funeral. I had my Z7 at back of church, purchased a 30meter HDMI cable which run out the window to overflow 300 guests inside a marquee - HDMI into an HD projector and projected onto a 5m screen. Worked awesome!

30M HDMI Type A 19pin Male to Male Cable. VER 1.3b RealHD *Incorporates amplifier at display end of cable.
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Major Player

I think you have to at least 150' before quality will really start to suffer.

If the other room has a monitor that can take HD-SDI off you S270, then you can easily pull 300' for cable before the SDI needs a DA.
Old May 29th, 2010, 01:26 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks for all the advice.

Matt
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270