View Full Version : Audio Out of Synch When Exporting 24p

Shaun English
July 18th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

First post here.

I recently purchased a sony z7u and have captured some of my hdv 24p shot footage into my fcp 5.1.4 using the "easy setup" settings for HDV 108024p. Because i'm new to this format, after having captured some footage I decided to do a test export of a few clips on the timeline, just to insure everything was cool, before getting in too deep. A good thing i did, apparently, because every time I try to export using quicktime conversion, I have the same issue: the audio is slightly out of synch (about a couple seconds ahead)?? The other noticeable issue, is in the very beginning of the quicktime video, you can see color bars, for a fraction of a second?

Not sure what is going on here! Is it my capturing settings, export/compression settings? I'm really quite green when it comes to 24p and any help anyone has to offer would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm in the middle of shooting a couple training videos and just switched to the z7u. Part of me new better then to use a new camera mid project, but I couldn't help myself!

Thanks in advance.