Audio Out of Synch When Exporting 24p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 18th, 2010, 11:33 PM   #1
Tourist

Audio Out of Synch When Exporting 24p

Hi Everyone,

First post here.

I recently purchased a sony z7u and have captured some of my hdv 24p shot footage into my fcp 5.1.4 using the "easy setup" settings for HDV 108024p. Because i'm new to this format, after having captured some footage I decided to do a test export of a few clips on the timeline, just to insure everything was cool, before getting in too deep. A good thing i did, apparently, because every time I try to export using quicktime conversion, I have the same issue: the audio is slightly out of synch (about a couple seconds ahead)?? The other noticeable issue, is in the very beginning of the quicktime video, you can see color bars, for a fraction of a second?

Not sure what is going on here! Is it my capturing settings, export/compression settings? I'm really quite green when it comes to 24p and any help anyone has to offer would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm in the middle of shooting a couple training videos and just switched to the z7u. Part of me new better then to use a new camera mid project, but I couldn't help myself!

Thanks in advance.
Shaun English is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270