View Full Version : SxS card adapters with KA-MR 100G recorders

Mick Jenner
September 29th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Hi,

Does anybody know if SxS card adapters can be used with the KA-MR 100G to enable sdhc cards to be used in it. At the moment here in the uk they are being bundled with new 700's foc. So before I try and sell it I might have a use if if they accept the SxS sdhc adapters

Mick

Ryan Mast
September 29th, 2010, 03:42 PM
All ExpressCard SDHC adapters I've found use the USB protocol to communicate with the host device. The KA-MR100G recorder only supports the PCIe protocol (which is what the SxS cards use). So, no it won't work (unless someone's released a PCIe ExpressCard SDHC reader, which would be awesome).

Sony updated the EX1/EX3 firmware to support the USB protocol on their cameras, but the tech I talked to at JVC said that they have no plans to update the KA-MR100G to support USB.

George Kilroy
October 4th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Hi Mick.
I asked the same question of Creative Video who supplied my 700 and JVC when it went to them for a firmware upgrade and the answer was no for the reason Ryan gave above. JVC say that their licensing agreement with Sony to use there EX codec does not allow them to change the protocol.

Mick Jenner
October 5th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Thanks all for the info.

Mick