SxS card adapters with KA-MR 100G recorders at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old September 29th, 2010, 09:40 AM   #1
Major Player

SxS card adapters with KA-MR 100G recorders

Hi,

Does anybody know if SxS card adapters can be used with the KA-MR 100G to enable sdhc cards to be used in it. At the moment here in the uk they are being bundled with new 700's foc. So before I try and sell it I might have a use if if they accept the SxS sdhc adapters

Mick
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

All ExpressCard SDHC adapters I've found use the USB protocol to communicate with the host device. The KA-MR100G recorder only supports the PCIe protocol (which is what the SxS cards use). So, no it won't work (unless someone's released a PCIe ExpressCard SDHC reader, which would be awesome).

Sony updated the EX1/EX3 firmware to support the USB protocol on their cameras, but the tech I talked to at JVC said that they have no plans to update the KA-MR100G to support USB.
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:55 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Mick.
I asked the same question of Creative Video who supplied my 700 and JVC when it went to them for a firmware upgrade and the answer was no for the reason Ryan gave above. JVC say that their licensing agreement with Sony to use there EX codec does not allow them to change the protocol.
George Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks all for the info.

Mick
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems