Matte Box at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old August 31st, 2010, 02:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Matte Box

Looking for a Good Clip-on Matte box for the Canon14x. Anyone tried using a matte box for the 700 without a rail? Im really not looking to spend over 1,000 so it does not have to be fancy, just something larger then the small cover on the 14x. I'm also looking for additional XLR input's. Has anyone found any good solutions or work around for the two that come on the 700?
Stephen Dougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #2
Tourist

Hi Stephen,

I'm using a Genus Matte Box on my HM700 and can't really fault if for the price, mine is on rails though.

They also make a set of bars that replace the existing tripod plate on the base of the camcorder.

Pass on the additional XLR inputs without going down the audio mixer line, there must be breakout boxes available from somewhere though?
Basil Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the response, I actually went with a Century Optics Rig W/ Rails on account of it working really well with a quick release plate and a little bit of craftmenship. I also purchased a H4N and just sync all the extra audio in post.
Stephen Dougherty is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems