View Full Version : Unusual problem

John Sirb
October 5th, 2010, 12:01 PM
just ran across an unusual problem and am curious if anyone else had this happen.
shot a musical performance on the Hm700 with a 32 GB class 10 Adata card.
about 4-5 minutes into the first clip, I got a one second flash to a section was was recorded about 30 minutes later. the audio was just white noise (hiss) and then went back.

I didn't have any other issues for the rest of the recording. I did look at the clip on the card and the problem is on the card as well. Should I be concerned about continued use of the card?

Ryan Mast
October 5th, 2010, 12:47 PM
That IS unusual.

If you can, do a zero-wipe format on the card in your computer. If a card is going bad, that will usually make the card throw an I/O error -- that'll confirm that the card is bad. Either way, though, I recommend not using it again. Before you wipe it, make a disk image of the card, just in case you find another way to recover the file.

Were there any other circumstances that could've caused the dropout? Dust, heat, vibration, power anomalies, etc? Can you re-create the dropout if you record for a while? Have you tried opening the video file in other applications, like ffmpeg or VLC to see if they can repair the file?

George Kilroy
October 5th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I've had this problem a few times. A green or sometimes a red flash and the audio goes to white noise, not at the same point though. If I playback from the camera it's okay. If I play in VLC it's okay but when I put it on Premiere's time line I have problems. I now grab from the card to the harddrive with MIK.which changes the MP4 to an MP2. I've never got to find out what causes the problem

John Sirb
October 25th, 2010, 08:38 PM
just ran across an unusual problem and am curious if anyone else had this happen.
shot a musical performance on the Hm700 with a 32 GB class 10 Adata card.
about 4-5 minutes into the first clip, I got a one second flash to a section was was recorded about 30 minutes later. the audio was just white noise (hiss) and then went back.

I didn't have any other issues for the rest of the recording. I did look at the clip on the card and the problem is on the card as well. Should I be concerned about continued use of the card?

As a followup, I had the problem repeat itself at the approximately the same time of recording ( 4 minutes in)
it has been workaroundable ( is this a word??) but I will be contacting Adata for a RMA