Unusual problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old October 5th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Unusual problem

just ran across an unusual problem and am curious if anyone else had this happen.
shot a musical performance on the Hm700 with a 32 GB class 10 Adata card.
about 4-5 minutes into the first clip, I got a one second flash to a section was was recorded about 30 minutes later. the audio was just white noise (hiss) and then went back.

I didn't have any other issues for the rest of the recording. I did look at the clip on the card and the problem is on the card as well. Should I be concerned about continued use of the card?
Old October 5th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

That IS unusual.

If you can, do a zero-wipe format on the card in your computer. If a card is going bad, that will usually make the card throw an I/O error -- that'll confirm that the card is bad. Either way, though, I recommend not using it again. Before you wipe it, make a disk image of the card, just in case you find another way to recover the file.

Were there any other circumstances that could've caused the dropout? Dust, heat, vibration, power anomalies, etc? Can you re-create the dropout if you record for a while? Have you tried opening the video file in other applications, like ffmpeg or VLC to see if they can repair the file?
Old October 5th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Major Player

I've had this problem a few times. A green or sometimes a red flash and the audio goes to white noise, not at the same point though. If I playback from the camera it's okay. If I play in VLC it's okay but when I put it on Premiere's time line I have problems. I now grab from the card to the harddrive with MIK.which changes the MP4 to an MP2. I've never got to find out what causes the problem
George Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sirb View Post
just ran across an unusual problem and am curious if anyone else had this happen.
shot a musical performance on the Hm700 with a 32 GB class 10 Adata card.
about 4-5 minutes into the first clip, I got a one second flash to a section was was recorded about 30 minutes later. the audio was just white noise (hiss) and then went back.

I didn't have any other issues for the rest of the recording. I did look at the clip on the card and the problem is on the card as well. Should I be concerned about continued use of the card?
As a followup, I had the problem repeat itself at the approximately the same time of recording ( 4 minutes in)
it has been workaroundable ( is this a word??) but I will be contacting Adata for a RMA

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems