View Full Version : Comer 1800 is one great light!

Sherri Nestico
November 8th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I continue to be amazed with how great the Comer 1800 is. This montage was shot in a very dimly lit disco aboard the Carnival Dream last week. I was using a Panasonic HMC-150 with the Comer at about 30 percent intensity with color filter engaged. I probably could have cranked it up a little more but I didn't want to overexpose the dancers closest to me.

Woodstock party highlights on Vimeo

Bob Grant
November 9th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I probably could have cranked it up a little more but I didn't want to overexpose the dancers closest to me.

I think you got it just about right. Anymore and not only would you risk overexposing anyone close but also it would look 'lit'. I agree, it is a great light for the money.

Randy Johnson
November 9th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Looks good I am in the market for one of those. You were using all the light had to offer? also were you gained up? Slow shutter?

Sherri Nestico
November 9th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Hi Randy,

I had the camera set on auto, so it should have been 1/60th shutter speed, don't remember the amount of gain. As I mentioned, I had the Comer set at about 30 percent intensity (about 1/3 turn on the dimmer control). I've never really needed to go higher than 30 percent on the Comer, that's been the sweet spot for most of my video shoots.