View Full Version : Vegas Pro 10 Hiccups

John Lorince
November 10th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Greetings,

Well I have been using version 10 pretty successfully so far. I have noticed a couple things that seem pretty different. When I scrub a video clip in the time line, the image does not move in the preview window as I move the cursor like it had in version 9. Kind of annoying for I cannot see where I am at in a clip when I am scrubbing on the timeline, for I have never used the trimmer before. Always seem to cumbersome for I could just scrub in the timeline before.

Image stabilization crashes my program everytime so far. I been using 1280 by 720 footage from a P2 card and a HVX200. I use Raylight Ultra 1.2.3 latest version. I was just testing it out to see if it worked anything like the smoothcam in final cut pro 6. I also noticed that everytime I close version 10 64 bit, I get a window that pops up and says the program ended unexpectantly after I just shut it down. Thought that is kinda strange.

Anyways, Have a nice day!

Namaste!

Edward Troxel
November 10th, 2010, 07:56 AM
I assume you mean the picons that show in the events on the timeline - now there is one at the beginning, one in the middle, and one at the end instead of a bunch of them all the way through. If that is what you mean, go to: Options - Preferences - Video tab. Then change the "Thumbnails to show in video events" to be "All" instead of "Head, Center, Tail".

John Lorince
November 12th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Actually Ed I was speaking of the preview window, on older versions, as I would scrub through a clip on the timeline, it would show realtime in my preview window I thought. Thank you for all your kind information through these forums. I hope you enjoy it.

Also do you know if there is known issue on the image stabilization feature?

All my software does when I use this is crash.

Edward Troxel
November 13th, 2010, 09:36 AM
They've definitely made changes to the trimmer window. It's different than it was in older versions.

I really don't know anything about the built-in stabilizer.