View Full Version : Bridal Show & Old Apple Cinema Display

Jerry Davis
January 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I am wanting to display wedding videos at a bridal show and i have an old Apple Cinema Display monitor that has an ADC connector(3 rows of 10 pins, a blade with a pair of pins on either side). I would like to use it if possible. I purchased a WDTV media player. Any suggestions on where to find a cable to use with the player and that Apple monitor or should i just buy a small HDTV.

Edward Carlson
January 5th, 2011, 08:48 PM
You will need an Apple DVI to ADC converter (about $100) and a DVI to HDMI adapter.

Jerry Davis
January 5th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks Edward. Where are you seeing the converter for $100? I'm seeing prices from $150 to $200. Thanks again for your help.

Edward Carlson
January 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Well it was $100 back when Apple sold it. You can find it on eBay from $100 up to $200. Make sure you get the one with the power supply box, not just the cable adapter.

Andrew Waite
January 6th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Jerry, I'll save you the trouble... it won't work. I tried this a few years ago, and after a lot of frustration I found that it just won't work... from a WDTV at least. We went the HDTV route with WDTV's attached to the back of the display with velcro and all the cables neatly tucked behind the display... times 8 displays for maximum effect... each playing a different video on loop. We're doing a show this Sunday and we're bumping it up to 10 displays!