Bridal Show & Old Apple Cinema Display at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Bridal Show & Old Apple Cinema Display

I am wanting to display wedding videos at a bridal show and i have an old Apple Cinema Display monitor that has an ADC connector(3 rows of 10 pins, a blade with a pair of pins on either side). I would like to use it if possible. I purchased a WDTV media player. Any suggestions on where to find a cable to use with the player and that Apple monitor or should i just buy a small HDTV.
Jerry Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #2
Major Player

You will need an Apple DVI to ADC converter (about $100) and a DVI to HDMI adapter.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Edward. Where are you seeing the converter for $100? I'm seeing prices from $150 to $200. Thanks again for your help.
Jerry Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #4
Major Player

Well it was $100 back when Apple sold it. You can find it on eBay from $100 up to $200. Make sure you get the one with the power supply box, not just the cable adapter.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #5
Major Player

Jerry, I'll save you the trouble... it won't work. I tried this a few years ago, and after a lot of frustration I found that it just won't work... from a WDTV at least. We went the HDTV route with WDTV's attached to the back of the display with velcro and all the cables neatly tucked behind the display... times 8 displays for maximum effect... each playing a different video on loop. We're doing a show this Sunday and we're bumping it up to 10 displays!
Attached Images

RED One #6135 "Spartacus"
Andrew Waite is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques