View Full Version : lavalier microphone to a female officiant

Pages : 1 [2]

David Payne
July 29th, 2014, 04:09 AM
received my VN-733PC and EZ503 mic today.. now for some tests!

David Payne
July 29th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Wow.. the H1 is so much nicer to the ear :(

The practicality and portability of the Olympus cant be beat, I suppose it'll be a setup solely for clipping onto the registrars folder but I wont be replacing my zoom's with olympus recorders for speeches.

Similarly the Azden mic is a bit tinnier (and much more sensitive) than the Audio Technica's I use. I love the idea of a mic with no soldered joins or battery packs to worry about so I'm going to let the search go on for a decent mic, I may give the Azden a real life test at the next wedding I do as it might just be sufficient, but if I can find a mic that at the same sound quality as the Audio Technika but the build quality of the azden I'll be happy.

Suggestions for that mic welcome before I end up wasting money trying every mic I can get my hands on!

David Payne
August 7th, 2014, 02:05 PM
if it helps anybody here I've done a comparisson of the Rode Lavalier Mic, Audio Technica ATR3350, Azden 503 and the Olympus ME-15 which arrived today. I think the olympus is probably the worst in my opinion. The Azden seemed to have bad handling noise on the cable where as the others (especially the Rode and Audio Technica) were silent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hbAL1L60y0&feature=youtu.be

What do you guys think sounds best?