View Full Version : How are you mounting mic receivers on the HPX170?

Jon Doughtie
September 9th, 2011, 10:07 AM
How are you mounting wireless mic receivers on your HPX170?

I have a Samson UHF Series One system I still use, though I hope to upgrade to a better quality mic pair in the future.

If it were a bigger camera, this would be easy - get the plate that sandwiches in the Anton Bauer gold mount, ancillary pieces, and off you go.

But here - any solutions, perhaps using the screw mount on top?

Blessings,

Jon

Tom Klein
September 10th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I use rubber bands, big red ones... My Mic receiver is only on for short bursts so that suits me, Rough but ready..and fast...If I were using it constant i'd bracket mount it from the hot shoe.
I have an inbuilt Azden wireless on my older bigger P2 cam (SPX800) that is great just clip on antennas when needed.
Mount for what suits you, just make sure the cable dosen't go over your lens, mine had at times, so reversed receiver to stop that from happening.

goodluck
tom k.

Robert Turchick
September 10th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I don't have a 170 though I have used one. The mount I have is universal as it's meant to go in the shoe mount. Sennheiser CA2 Shoemount Adapter CA2 B&H Photo Video
I put Velcro on it to make it hold a bit better.

Dan Brockett
September 11th, 2011, 08:03 PM
John:

Bracket 1: Video Camera Bracket system for Mounting Wireless Microphone Receivers and Accessories to your camcorder or SLR (http://www.bracket1.com/)

Really simple, this is by far the best setup, I bought one when I was shooting a ton of BTS footage for FOX and had to figure out how to mount two good sized Lectrosonics receivers to the 170. I am actually doing a shoot tomorrow with my own AT-100s using this.

You'll love it.

Dan

Kevin McRoberts
September 12th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I use J-Rod's Twin Mount, bought when they offered a HVX version. It replaces the stock mic holder with two shoe mounts; add in your own isolated mic holder and go.

They'll still custoom-machine a mount if you contact them directly. I'm about to order two for my AF100.

Jon Doughtie
September 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Terrific recommendations - thank you!