How are you mounting mic receivers on the HPX170? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old September 9th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #1
New Boot

How are you mounting mic receivers on the HPX170?

How are you mounting wireless mic receivers on your HPX170?

I have a Samson UHF Series One system I still use, though I hope to upgrade to a better quality mic pair in the future.

If it were a bigger camera, this would be easy - get the plate that sandwiches in the Anton Bauer gold mount, ancillary pieces, and off you go.

But here - any solutions, perhaps using the screw mount on top?

Blessings,

Jon
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 [NIV]
Jon Doughtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: How are you mounting mic receivers on the HPX170?

I use rubber bands, big red ones... My Mic receiver is only on for short bursts so that suits me, Rough but ready..and fast...If I were using it constant i'd bracket mount it from the hot shoe.
I have an inbuilt Azden wireless on my older bigger P2 cam (SPX800) that is great just clip on antennas when needed.
Mount for what suits you, just make sure the cable dosen't go over your lens, mine had at times, so reversed receiver to stop that from happening.

goodluck
tom k.
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #3
Trustee

I don't have a 170 though I have used one. The mount I have is universal as it's meant to go in the shoe mount. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/328035-REG/Sennheiser_CA2_CA2_Shoemount_Adapter.htmlI put Velcro on it to make it hold a bit better.
Old September 11th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #4
Inner Circle

John:

Bracket 1: Video Camera Bracket system for Mounting Wireless Microphone Receivers and Accessories to your camcorder or SLR

Really simple, this is by far the best setup, I bought one when I was shooting a ton of BTS footage for FOX and had to figure out how to mount two good sized Lectrosonics receivers to the 170. I am actually doing a shoot tomorrow with my own AT-100s using this.

You'll love it.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #5
Major Player

I use J-Rod's Twin Mount, bought when they offered a HVX version. It replaces the stock mic holder with two shoe mounts; add in your own isolated mic holder and go.

They'll still custoom-machine a mount if you contact them directly. I'm about to order two for my AF100.
Old September 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #6
New Boot

Terrific recommendations - thank you!
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 [NIV]
Jon Doughtie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders