Jam Sync TC with HPX250 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old September 24th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #1
Major Player

Jam Sync TC with HPX250

anyone know if you can jam sync 2 of these camera's by using TC out to TC in to each other?
David Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Jam Sync TC with HPX250

Yes, I'm 99% sure you can. It has TC IN and GENLOCK ports.
Stephen Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Yes, you can, that's one of the selling points of the camera.

It's funny though, for the past few years, it seems like fewer and fewer users genlock and sync cameras unless it is for live broadcast though. I did two seven camera shoots last year, one with DSLRs and a mix of pro cameras and one with seven HPX170s, no genlock or sync for either although we did use a smart slate on one shoot, but just a hand clap on the other and it was simple to line them all up.

Ever since the invention of PluralEyes and the new auto sync features in FCPX and the like, it seems like the need for matching TC on multi-cam shoots is slowly fading into obscurity. So many of the new switchers don't require synced cams and for editing, it saves a bit of time but is not the prerequisite it once was in the analog camera era.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #4
Major Player

thx for the info/reply.

Since you are a long time fan and user of the Panasonic cameras, I wonder what your take is on my other post about the LCD menu text being difficult to read? In my opinion, it's pretty bad....
David Morgan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders