View Full Version : Jam Sync TC with HPX250

David Morgan
September 24th, 2011, 11:50 AM
anyone know if you can jam sync 2 of these camera's by using TC out to TC in to each other?

Stephen Mick
September 24th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Yes, I'm 99% sure you can. It has TC IN and GENLOCK ports.

Dan Brockett
September 25th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Yes, you can, that's one of the selling points of the camera.

It's funny though, for the past few years, it seems like fewer and fewer users genlock and sync cameras unless it is for live broadcast though. I did two seven camera shoots last year, one with DSLRs and a mix of pro cameras and one with seven HPX170s, no genlock or sync for either although we did use a smart slate on one shoot, but just a hand clap on the other and it was simple to line them all up.

Ever since the invention of PluralEyes and the new auto sync features in FCPX and the like, it seems like the need for matching TC on multi-cam shoots is slowly fading into obscurity. So many of the new switchers don't require synced cams and for editing, it saves a bit of time but is not the prerequisite it once was in the analog camera era.

Dan

David Morgan
September 25th, 2011, 06:56 PM
thx for the info/reply.

Since you are a long time fan and user of the Panasonic cameras, I wonder what your take is on my other post about the LCD menu text being difficult to read? In my opinion, it's pretty bad....