View Full Version : Can't open VG20 Raw Files

David Schmidt
December 29th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I couldn't open the Raw files from my VG20 so I just updated to the new version of Camera Raw that was released a few weeks ago and it won't recognize the files from the VG20 nor does Adobe list this camera or the VG10 on the list of supported cameras. It does list the nex7 and the nex5 and nex5n.

Are those the same type of raw files as the VG20?

Chris Law
January 7th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Just to make things understandable their is no definite raw format, infact their are all these file type extensions for raw photos.

3fr, .ari, .arw, .srf, .sr2, .bay, .crw, .cr2, .cap, .iiq, .eip, .dcs, .dcr, .drf, .k25, .kdc, .dng, .erf, .fff, .iiq, .mef, .mos, .mrw, .nef, .nrw, .orf, .pef, .ptx, .pxn, .R3D, .raf, .rw2, .raw, .rwl, .dng, .rwz, .obm, .srw, .x3f

Now bearing that in mind, If the NEX-7 or NEX-5 use a different raw format than the NEX-VG20 that is why you are having compatibility problem.

Werner Graf
January 12th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Go to the Sony Site Version 4.0 can open VG 20 Raw Files
:-)

Charlie Steiner
January 22nd, 2012, 09:40 PM
yes the Image Data Converter which comes with the camera will convert the raw files to tiff or jpeg. the latest raw updates to Lightroom and Photoshop say they will open NEX-7 raw files but do not read the VG20 .ARW images.

charlie