View Full Version : C100 Forum?

Lee Mullen
December 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Hi,

Is it possible please for a sub-forum for the C100 and C500? I came in here to find infomations for C300 yet now so many C100 topicals? Please advise. Thanks

Mark Dobson
December 7th, 2012, 05:22 AM
These cameras share so many attributes that it would seem a shame to divide the forum into sub-forums.

The C500 - C300 - C100 all have identical sensors.

Whilst I have a C300 I'm really interested in listening to other peoples experiences with the other cameras.

Might it not be simpler to re-name the forum to something like 'Canon Cinema Eos' ?

Chris Hurd
December 7th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I think that's the right solution, Mark... we'll re-name it "Cinema EOS" and it'll apply to the entire line. The only question I have is, should we bother with using thread prefixes (like we do in our Ebay and Classifieds boards) to delineate the camera models? It's an extra couple of mouse clicks, but it might help with organization. In other words, if you come in looking only for C300 topics, you'll be able to spot them right away.

Andy Wilkinson
December 7th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Chris, I think thread prefixes is a very good idea. Going forward I expect there will be 10x as many C100 threads compared to C300... and probably even fewer C500 threads by comparison... just based on each models price point alone (and therefore likely popularity).

That way, those lucky enough to have the budget for the higher end Cinema EOS cams won't have to wade through all the stuff posted by the 'hoi polloi' C100 owners like me and it'll remove possible confusion ;-)

Mark Dobson
December 7th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I think that's the right solution, Mark... we'll re-name it "Cinema EOS" and it'll apply to the entire line. The only question I have is, should we bother with using thread prefixes (like we do in our Ebay and Classifieds boards) to delineate the camera models? It's an extra couple of mouse clicks, but it might help with organization. In other words, if you come in looking only for C300 topics, you'll be able to spot them right away.

Hi Chris,

That sounds sensible but I'm not quite sure how thread prefixes work - will there still be a main thread prefix of "Cinema EOS" and then sub headings?

Or will people posting simply put the Camera Model in the title box?

My concern is that the excellent tone of this forum does not get dissipated. Whilst I'm very new to the world of forums this one seems to have a pretty active membership of both knowledgable and experienced camera operators and dealers.

Chris Hurd
December 7th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Hi Mark,

You can see thread prefixes in action here: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/

Basically, the prefix simply adds "C300" (or whatever) to the thread title. On one hand, it's a couple of extra mouse clicks. On the other, it saves having to type in the camera model, and it insures that the camera model is specified, for the benefit of those looking only for C300 topics.

I imagine the prefix choices would be C500, C300, C100, Lenses, Peripherals, Workflow -- but I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Philip Lipetz
December 7th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I do not like the idea of sub forums, the cameras are close enough that you can always learn from threads about other cameras.

Lee Mullen
December 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM
The prefix idea sounds great. Please use that.