C100 Forum? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old December 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #1

C100 Forum?

Hi,

Is it possible please for a sub-forum for the C100 and C500? I came in here to find infomations for C300 yet now so many C100 topicals? Please advise. Thanks
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:22 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: C100 Forum?

These cameras share so many attributes that it would seem a shame to divide the forum into sub-forums.

The C500 - C300 - C100 all have identical sensors.

Whilst I have a C300 I'm really interested in listening to other peoples experiences with the other cameras.

Might it not be simpler to re-name the forum to something like 'Canon Cinema Eos' ?
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

I think that's the right solution, Mark... we'll re-name it "Cinema EOS" and it'll apply to the entire line. The only question I have is, should we bother with using thread prefixes (like we do in our Ebay and Classifieds boards) to delineate the camera models? It's an extra couple of mouse clicks, but it might help with organization. In other words, if you come in looking only for C300 topics, you'll be able to spot them right away.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Chris, I think thread prefixes is a very good idea. Going forward I expect there will be 10x as many C100 threads compared to C300... and probably even fewer C500 threads by comparison... just based on each models price point alone (and therefore likely popularity).

That way, those lucky enough to have the budget for the higher end Cinema EOS cams won't have to wade through all the stuff posted by the 'hoi polloi' C100 owners like me and it'll remove possible confusion ;-)
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
I think that's the right solution, Mark... we'll re-name it "Cinema EOS" and it'll apply to the entire line. The only question I have is, should we bother with using thread prefixes (like we do in our Ebay and Classifieds boards) to delineate the camera models? It's an extra couple of mouse clicks, but it might help with organization. In other words, if you come in looking only for C300 topics, you'll be able to spot them right away.
Hi Chris,

That sounds sensible but I'm not quite sure how thread prefixes work - will there still be a main thread prefix of "Cinema EOS" and then sub headings?

Or will people posting simply put the Camera Model in the title box?

My concern is that the excellent tone of this forum does not get dissipated. Whilst I'm very new to the world of forums this one seems to have a pretty active membership of both knowledgable and experienced camera operators and dealers.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Mark,

You can see thread prefixes in action here: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/

Basically, the prefix simply adds "C300" (or whatever) to the thread title. On one hand, it's a couple of extra mouse clicks. On the other, it saves having to type in the camera model, and it insures that the camera model is specified, for the benefit of those looking only for C300 topics.

I imagine the prefix choices would be C500, C300, C100, Lenses, Peripherals, Workflow -- but I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #7
Major Player

I do not like the idea of sub forums, the cameras are close enough that you can always learn from threads about other cameras.
Philip Lipetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #8

The prefix idea sounds great. Please use that.
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems