View Full Version : Cameras like a7s used in ENG style?

Pages : [1] 2

Mladen Ilic
December 19th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Hello,

I've been using Sony AX2000 camcorder and Canon 600d for years.

The AX2000 is a semi-professional camcorder and it's an awesome all around camera. I've been using this camera for interviews, live events and similar, because it has proper audio inputs (xlrs), great auto-focus and focal range and basically everything you need out of the box to shoot basically anything.

Because I also make music videos, I wanted something that can shoot beautiful film like videos, because AX2000 isn't great for this considering the sensor size, so I bought a 600d and a set of samyang/rokinon primes (16mm f2, 35mm f1.4 and 85mm 1.4).

The problem is that my AX2000 is 4 years old, and my 600d is 2 years old. The motor in AX2000 lens died and the replacement cost me 400 euros!! The camera works normally now but you know that with today's electronics when they start breaking down they don't stop, it's just a matter of time when something else breaks.

So I need a replacement for the sony ax2000, but the cheapest camera that has all these capabilities is Sony HXR-NX3 which costs 3000 euros... Now that is a lot of money to pay for something that is just a replacement and doesn't provide anything new and awesome..

So I figured out, since my 600d is also already heavily used, why not buy some new amazing camera body instead of a camcorder.

Can the a7s or some other new dslr really be adapted to be used, if needed, as an ENG style camera or as a camcorder??

I MUST have some add on or device with pro audio recording capabilities (recorded on camera, not separately) with xlr inputs,
and I need a zoom lens with decent focal range that has good stabilization and, paired with a camera, is able to provide at least usable auto-focus capabilities. Also I would like to be able to change aperture smoothly while shooting.

Thanks,
Mladen

Gabor Heeres
December 20th, 2014, 10:21 AM
the A7S would not give you XLR in any way.... You'll Always need an external recorder to properly reocrd audio.

What about the Sony PXW-X70?

Mladen Ilic
December 20th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I've been looking a lot about that camera and wasn't too impressed. The f 2.8 maximum aperture is not that great, plus it has one ring. Here where I am it costs 2500 euro. The NX3 provides a lot more for additional 500 euro.

About adapting dslrs, I know I need an external recorder and a zoom lens that is good for video, but which ones?

Noa Put
December 20th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Forget about dslr like camera's if you want eng like functionality, a camera like a c100 might come close but doesn't have a powered variable speed zoom lens with all iris, zoom and focus ring on a lens where they belong. They all will need some kind of extra rig to make them easy to shoot stable and continuously while handholding. Also if you need good autofocus then a regular camcorder is still the best option.

It looks to me you really want a videocamera which can provide you with the shallow dof of a full frame camera and the low light sensitivity of a a7s and that doesn't exist.

There is always some kind of trade of, which is why you probably always will end up having 2 camera's, a videocamera and a dslr depending on the type of work you do.

Matt Sharp
December 20th, 2014, 11:36 PM
You can add XLR inputs by using either the XLR-K1M or the XLR-K2M audio blocks that plug into the Multi-Interfact shoe.

You'd still need to rig it up somewhat to make it usable in ENG settings.

An EA50, FS100 or maybe the new FS7 would probably be a better choice unless you main goal is extreme low light shooting.

Mladen Ilic
December 23rd, 2014, 06:05 AM
I know I will need a rig.
I've been researching and there are plenty of solutions for audio
from juicedLink | Homepage Title (http://www.juicedlink.com/) and Audio Adapters & Recording Equipment for Camcorders | Beachtek (http://beachtek.com/)

As for the lens, Sony G lenses are praised all around. For example, the E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Power Zoom Lens looks really good in this video Sony PZ 18-105mm f4 OSS G lens Review - SELP18105G - YouTube
It's not very expensive, and it's for aps-c which is also OK because I wouldn't use full frame for run & gun anyway, besides I have full frame primes.

The problem is, all of this, I don't have access to rent and try, I can only buy from abroad and hope for the best. That is the reason I need feedback from anyone who has used these audio devices and lenses.

Ryan Douthit
December 24th, 2014, 12:24 AM
This is an A7S setup I use for R+G. Parts include:

Sennheiser Shotgun
Movcam Cage with rail risers
Jag35 rails
Jag35 grip
jag35 railblock (for SmallHD)
Short rail (mounting the grip and SmallHD)
JuicedLink Riggy micro RM202 (should have bought the RM222)
Chinese no-name adjustable lens support
SmallHD DP4
In pictures: LEA4 with Tamron SP f/2.8 24-70

Mounted on slider:
http://www.drivingsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/A7S-Edelkone.jpg

Packed in case, ready to shoot:
http://www.drivingsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/A7S-Case.jpg

Mladen Ilic
December 24th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Thanks Ryan!

Mike Watson
December 25th, 2014, 03:31 PM
What about a Sony FS100? Dirt cheap now, and everything you're looking for.

Paul Anderegg
February 13th, 2015, 05:57 AM
I am interested in acquiring an A7s for doing broadcast on air live shots for news. I currently use my personal Sony PXW-X70 with a wide adapter for this task, leaving my station issued JVC HM790 garbage camera in the trunk. My live shots consist of wearing a TVU backpack, and walking through the scene while talking my report. The X70 is nice for this application, much better than the HM790, but it has hard to adjust button controls, which makes for sloppy camera work while trying to manipulate them, and low light performance at night.

Almost all of my live stuff is shot wide angle, so there seems to be a few usable lenses. Anyone with an A7s that can verify hw easy it would be to adjust iris and gain while shooting? that would be my primary concern, need for XLR and such is very minimal, although I would need an HDMI to SDI converter to feed the TVU.

Paul

Peter Rush
February 13th, 2015, 07:31 AM
the A7S would not give you XLR in any way.... You'll Always need an external recorder to properly reocrd audio.

What about the Sony PXW-X70?

Beechtek make XLR adapters for DSLR cameras - I know many 5D fans use them

DXA-SLR PURE - beachtek (http://beachtek.com/dxa-slr-pure/)

Pete

Peter Rush
February 13th, 2015, 07:36 AM
I am interested in acquiring an A7s for doing broadcast on air live shots for news. I currently use my personal Sony PXW-X70 with a wide adapter for this task, leaving my station issued JVC HM790 garbage camera in the trunk. My live shots consist of wearing a TVU backpack, and walking through the scene while talking my report. The X70 is nice for this application, much better than the HM790, but it has hard to adjust button controls, which makes for sloppy camera work while trying to manipulate them, and low light performance at night.

Almost all of my live stuff is shot wide angle, so there seems to be a few usable lenses. Anyone with an A7s that can verify hw easy it would be to adjust iris and gain while shooting? that would be my primary concern, need for XLR and such is very minimal, although I would need an HDMI to SDI converter to feed the TVU.

Paul

Here's my rig Paul - I always keep the rig pressed into my shoulder. Me left hand is on the lens while my right hand is on the grip - my thumb adjusts the ISO and my trigger finger can easily adjust the iris. I come from a traditional video camera background so getting used to DSLR film has (and still is) tough but I'm getting there

Pete

Noa Put
February 13th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Peter, can you adjust the iso by turning the dial on the back of the camera?

Peter Rush
February 13th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Yes Noa - It's the large thumbwheel on the back - the other 2 thumbwheels are for shutter speed and iris

Pete

Noa Put
February 13th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Same as on my rx10 then, wish all dslr makers would follow this design.

Matt Bigwood
February 13th, 2015, 10:43 AM
I didn't like turning the wheel to adjust ISO (personal preference - I kept scrolling past the ISO setting I wanted) so I've assigned ISO to the bottom press of the wheel, which somehow feels easier.

Just added a Beachtek XLR box to my A7s, and initial test shows there's no background noise when using it with a Sony radio mic.

Dave Sperling
February 16th, 2015, 10:38 PM
I like to stay lightweight, so I recently picked up a simple dual XLR female to Stereo Mini adapter. Haven't used it on a production yet, but just did a bunch of tests coming out of a mixer (with its outputs set to mic level) and the camera volume level around 8 -- and everything recorded perfectly. Of course I usually work with a sound person, and they will also record on their mixer as a backup as well.

Ryan Douthit
February 17th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Just finished a multi-day doc-style shoot. Here's the setup:

Instagram (http://instagram.com/p/y5PoujKKFp/?modal=true)

Major differences from my previous post were changing to a Westside AV Sony L battery adaptor with leads for both the A7S and the Odyssey 7Q+ (also added for this shoot.) I also added a vertical cheese plate to mount both the battery mount as well as the JuicedLink together. Nice and compact, all things considered. Forgot to bring my shoulder pad, and Sony Ls drain fast when powering both a 7Q and the A7S, but other than that, pretty happy with this setup. Did about 50/50 tripod vs. handheld. Also, note the Sony wireless receiver mounted on the hotshoe.

Roger Martin
February 20th, 2015, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=Ryan Douthit;1871812]This is an A7S setup I use for R+G.

Hi Ryan, I have a question about the A7s.
Are you able to use it "Stand Alone" ?

I need something for unattended extended indoor Videos of up to 3 hours.
I currently use a GH4 with 12-35 lens, one internal battery, and one internal SD card.
I am also trying out the Panasonic HC-X1000.
Both are pushed to the limit by the poor light I have to film in.
Extra Lights are not an option.

Ryan Douthit
February 21st, 2015, 10:42 AM
When recording internally the A7S is limited to 29 minute clips. Externally, only battery and capacity limit. So, anything that takes HDMI out should work. Ninja star, Odyssey 7Q+, etc.

Roger Martin
February 21st, 2015, 11:20 AM
Yes, you can use an external recorder for longer Videos.

But, How good is the FullTime AutoFocus?

Could I use the A7s on a TriPod unattended to shoot a slowly moving object inside the area the lens is capable of shooting without adjustment or moving the camera after it is set up?
I assume that I would be using a Sony AF lens such as the 24-70 f/4.

What if I were a one man crew and wanted to get in the Video?

Noa Put
February 21st, 2015, 11:40 AM
You want a full frame dslr to shoot for 3 hours unattended in autofocus in poorly lit environments? That's asking for problems if you ask me, what exactly are you planning on shooting?

Roger Martin
February 21st, 2015, 01:10 PM
I am shooting 2-3 hours of Bowling and want higher resolution and faster shutter speed to critique the hand release.
I am using a GH4 and HC-X1000 and they are pretty much maxed out at 120s shutter in that light.

A DX Sensor or close to it could do just fine.
My D5300 can do up to 12800 (barely) usable ISO but only records 1080P60 for 10 minutes (Shogun is fix for that).
But the FullTime AutoFocus sucks so it is not good for unattended Video.

Paul Anderegg
September 5th, 2015, 03:08 PM
I have decided to take the A7s plunge.......using one for ENG night shooting, when subject matter is stationary and I can walk around and up to incident subject matter. Going to put a 24-240 on it, but thinking I could use one of those little cages. Can someone recommend a wraparound cage that could not interfere with the quick operation of any vital controls, and offer a handle on top?

I think Peters set-up looks nicer than the two grip versions I see all the time. Unfortunately, in ENG work, typically both of my hands are constantly manipulating dials and controls.....very rare for me to use hands just to hold something while it does it's thing.

Paul

Olof Ekbergh
September 6th, 2015, 06:40 AM
I have decided to take the A7s plunge.......using one for ENG night shooting, when subject matter is stationary and I can walk around and up to incident subject matter. Going to put a 24-240 on it, but thinking I could use one of those little cages. Can someone recommend a wraparound cage that could not interfere with the quick operation of any vital controls, and offer a handle on top?

I think Peters set-up looks nicer than the two grip versions I see all the time. Unfortunately, in ENG work, typically both of my hands are constantly manipulating dials and controls.....very rare for me to use hands just to hold something while it does it's thing.

Paul

I use my A7s ENG style all the time with my cage, it is available here:
Sony a7S shoulder kit: Westside A V Studios WEB Store (http://www.westsideavstore.com/index.php?p=product&id=113)

All the controls are accessible as well as battery and card. The optional big batty holder is great both for stability and long battery life. The shoulder parts quickly removable and optional.

The hot shoe is also available and I like using the top of the cage as a handle, it works well that way but you can easily add any type of handle to the top, I make those of wood or aluminum as well.

Peter Rush
September 6th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Olaf could you provide a link to the big battery solution - I did see it once but now cannot find it.

Thanks

Pete

Simon Denny
September 6th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Hi Paul, this is my A7s rig. I use the Movcam cage which I believe helps in stabilising the camera and also I use the Sony XLR-K1M audio kit, (not attached in this photo)
My main lens is the Sony 28-135mm f4 which is fantastic I think.

It's not cheap to get a small rig like this but sure beats lugging around my large EMG kit.

John Kofonow
September 6th, 2015, 05:22 PM
I have decided to take the A7s plunge.......using one for ENG night shooting, when subject matter is stationary and I can walk around and up to incident subject matter. Going to put a 24-240 on it, but thinking I could use one of those little cages.

Paul

Paul,

I've followed your others posts as I also own the Sony PXW-X180. I'm also looking to expand to another camera. As you are getting the A7S, did you also consider the new Sony A7RII? I know it is about $700 more but has some nice additional features (internal 4K). (I ask as you have more knowledge and experience than I do.)

John

Olof Ekbergh
September 6th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Olaf could you provide a link to the big battery solution - I did see it once but now cannot find it.

Thanks

Pete

Peter, do you mean a brick size battery? Like an AB or IDX V-mount or Gold-Mount.

If so I can do those as well, but bear in mind those batteries are 14.8v and I use the voltage regulated plates for this.

Contact me directly for a quote on those for the A7s.

Roger Martin
September 6th, 2015, 11:29 PM
I finally got the A7s only because of the Low Light capability but almost sent it back to get a D750 instead.
The handling, lack of controls, lousy Auto ISO, recording limits, wimpy battery and mediocre codec were hard to deal with.
Then I saw what it could do with an external 7Q+ 4k recorder and kept it.
The 28-135 cine lens adds lots of control. I would rather have it than all the other FE lens combined.

I got a dummy battery and started using NP970 batteries on a Sony L plate that last almost 3 hours. Finally I found that BestBatt.com has a new 7.2 volt NP990 10400mAh battery. I can now record over 3 hours unattended with plenty of power to spare.

It is rumored that an affordable Sony FS type CamCorder with A7s Sensor will be announced very soon.
That would be a better option for nearly all of us except they will be sold out for months.

Peter Rush
September 7th, 2015, 12:44 AM
Any tips on securely mounting the L plate to your rig?

Roger Martin
September 7th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Any tips on securely mounting the L plate to your rig?

In one of the pictures in this thread, it appeared to be mounted on the shoulder rig.
You may have to drill and tap yours.
The (Amazon $20 Small Rig) unit I have has a threaded mount I use on my TriPod leg. It also has a Velcro strap and slide in L shaped bracket mount included.
http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Plate-F970-F550-Cable/dp/B006733DB2/ref=pd_sim_421_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0BWV4TGN8QE3WVKKKW6T&dpSrc=sims&dpST=_AC_UL320_SR320%2C320_

There is also a plate for monitors that might be better to mount on your set up.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F87WZA8/ref=pd_luc_rh_sbs_02_02_t_img_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Paul Anderegg
September 11th, 2015, 08:04 PM
That lens looks heavy Simon!

I bought an A7s on eBay last week, and it hasn't even arrived yet and an A7sII has already been announced with byuilt in 4K!

I also got a 24-240 FE Sony lens from B&H..........I have never felt a stiffer zoom and focus mechanism, I will need the 5 axis stabilization (for rotational spin!) just to rotate these things, molasis! Simon, how smooth is that 28-135?????

Paul

Roger Martin
September 11th, 2015, 08:12 PM
My 28-135 Cine is very smooth but not loose.
The added controls really help my Video work.
And I like being able to manually focus simply by pulling the focus ring back.

I would send your lens back and upgrade.

Paul Anderegg
September 11th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Well, $2700 for the A7s with 10x lens is reasonable to play with the low light capabilities. If I like the sucker, then an A7sII with 28-135 would be the logical next step. The Cine lens with the mark II would run me $5500, so quite a bit more, not worth it unless the low light performance REALLY blows me away!

Paul

Roger Martin
September 11th, 2015, 09:14 PM
I have already ordered my A7sII $2999

The A7s has so many flaws that I am sure it will be easy to improve on.
The new camera will be worth a lot more or I will send it back for a 30 day no quivel return.

As for the Sensor, that is the only reason I kept it.
I shoot in such poor low light that I have ISO set at 6400

Simon Denny
September 11th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Hi Paul,
The 28-135mm is heavy but with the Movcam rig on this sort of balances out.
This is the best lens I think for run and gun as they call it and produces a great image.
I've tried Canon glass etc... and although it's nice ... I think for my needs the Sony wins hands down for ease of use. Just think Par focal glass at this price����

I just want to add, the A7s and the lens combo is really easy to use and focus. I like the focus controls of the lens and in particular I have the camera setup for one push auto focus with manual lens control also. I can nail focus in an instant.
Also you have the crop mode function on the camera which gets you a lens from 28mm through to 200mm

Paul, the lens is smooth mate just like any typical ENG lens. I would not have purchased this if it behaved like a still lens as most of my work involves pushing in and out on my shoots.
I'll shoot something for you and post here tomorrow.

Paul Anderegg
September 16th, 2015, 06:50 AM
I have already sent B&H and return request for my 24-240, so I can upgrade to the 28-135! Will be pre-ordering the A7sII as well.......got my A7s cheap enough and just wanted to test it out before going balls deep with it. Also bought a Varivon Pro cage with rotating handgrip with strap.......I am afraid to hold something without a strap! Picking up an HDMI to SDI converter so I can do news live shots with it. :)

Paul

Roger Martin
September 16th, 2015, 07:48 AM
I might suggest the PIX-5 ($1400) but it does not do 1080P120.
This might make no difference to you.
It does have HDMI in and SDI out as does my 7Q+ ($2300).

Paul Anderegg
September 16th, 2015, 07:54 AM
I have to hook up to a TVUPack for live broadcast, takes HD-SDI only. The little HDMI to SDI converter runs on 5v, so I can shove it in the TVU backpack and power it from one of the USB jacks.....nifty!

Paul

Paul Anderegg
September 24th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Well, my 28-135 arrived, attached it to my A7s in it's Varavon Pro cage, and slapped on my Son shotgun and Comer 1800 LED.

OMG........I am regretting this already. The attachment between the 28-135 and the A7s E mount is made of something similar to Jello or rubber, and is also so loose that the camera will rotate to the right if you mess with it. The frame of the A7s is also like butter, the cage will rock front to back, the base of the camera flexing severely. I am afraid to put this thing on a tripod and use it, for fear I will be left with the camera in my hands after it snaps off of the lens which is mounted to my tripod. If I actually deploy the rig, it can really only be used in a lock down for each shot situation, as any moving the camera flexes so much the entire image moves. To describe that better, if you lock down the tripod, you can wiggle the camera and although the lens is rock solid stationary, the camera moves so much the sensor is moving in relation to the glass, and it appears as if the entire rig is moving.

Would it work better without the cage which I need for my light and shotgun? Probably, but then you are leaving the "ENG" behind, and it becomes a limited use production toy. Of course, this opinion is for the camera mated with this "ENG" lens, if you can consider 5x an ENG lens. :)

I will see how the new A7sII with better handgrip works without the cage.......this will definitely be an extremely special use rig.

Paul

Roger Martin
September 25th, 2015, 03:17 AM
Paul,
Indeed the A7sII should be better as it has a new more ridged mag allow body and more sturdy mount.
You should look at your camera. does it have an s or j (jello)?

I have and A7s with 28-135 lens. The lens foot is double bolted to a long slider. There are no problems with the lens body flexing when on a TriPod or when held by two hands.

Perhaps you should set up your cage so that it mounts to both the camera and lens?

Paul Anderegg
September 25th, 2015, 03:36 AM
I have an A7sII on preorder. Big reason I got the cage was to mount my light and shotgun, but also for the handstrap which I felt necessary for that heavy 28-135 lens. Unfortunately, the Varavon cage is turning out to be pretty lame for my needs, the two ways to mount the handstrap either don't allow the right hand fingers to operate any buttons, or they put the grip so far off camera that it's extremely difficult to operate the large lens. For now I am using the camera and lens without anything but the shotgun, no cage or tripod foot. Just hate the flat handgrip on the A7s, feel like I will drop it!

When I get the A7sII, I will probably mount the camera body to the tripod plate, if I can ensure the weight of the lens won't snap off from the camera. I've never operated a camera system with so much play, wiggle, and Jello before, feels like the parts are not made for each other.

Paul

Paul Anderegg
September 25th, 2015, 06:48 AM
Here is some footage I just shot, handheld, just the camera and lens, LED used at the end. This is with the 28-135, mostly shot in autofocus. Not much ENG specific footage being posted, so thought I would put some in this post.

The EVF is soo much crisper and has more dynamic range than the LCD, I will be adding that new ENG eyecup to this sucker. How do I keep nose prints (and snot!) off of the LCD when using the EVF? :)

https://youtu.be/ODOVxqTdvpI

Roger Martin
September 25th, 2015, 08:11 AM
I have an A7sII on preorder. For now I am using the camera and lens without anything but the shotgun, no cage or tripod foot. Just hate the flat handgrip on the A7s, feel like I will drop it!

When I get the A7sII, I will probably mount the camera body to the tripod plate, if I can ensure the weight of the lens won't snap off from the camera. I've never operated a camera system with so much play, wiggle, and Jello before, feels like the parts are not made for each other.

Paul

I seldom use a strap either now because I now take so few stills hand held.
Black Rapid and Tamrac (Boomerang) are my favorites.

Cameras are not made to support big lens, that is why there are mounts on the lens. Thus the camera hangs from the lens instead of the other way around.

A slider helps me balance my outfit on a TriPod. This is what I use to mount on the lens:
Amazon.com : Giottos MH621 Quick Release Adapter with Short Sliding Plate camera mount : Tripod Camera Mounts : Camera & Photo (http://www.amazon.com/Giottos-MH621-Release-Adapter-Sliding/dp/B0010SIAV2/ref=sr_1_12?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1443188044&sr=1-12&keywords=Giottos+Tripod+mount)
http://www.amazon.com/Giottos-MH611-Quick-Release-Plate/dp/B001COCI08/ref=pd_sim_421_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=01J93XQWD3HV28MTVZT6&dpID=31trgQz6B6L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_

Manfrotto 454 Micrometric Positioning Sliding Plate - 454 B&H (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=10554343&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi&ipp=100)
Manfrotto 430 Long Plate (11") Double Camera Support 430

These also work:
http://www.amazon.com/Neewer%C2%AE-Two-way-Focusing-Slider-Release/dp/B00HLCXPMU/ref=zg_bs_tab_pd_tr_3

http://www.amazon.com/NEEWER%C2%AE-Focusing-Slider-Release-Camera/dp/B00HLCYSMQ/ref=zg_bs_7161080011_70

If you get a long enough plate, it can be mounted to both the camera and lens foot, thus eliminating your problem.

Manfrotto 430 Long Plate (11") Double Camera Support 430

Normally when shooting hand held, you should have one hand on the lens and the other on the camera, not just for support, but to stabilize the shot and work the controls

Peter Rush
September 25th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Here is some footage I just shot, handheld, just the camera and lens, LED used at the end. This is with the 28-135, mostly shot in autofocus. Not much ENG specific footage being posted, so thought I would put some in this post.

The EVF is soo much crisper and has more dynamic range than the LCD, I will be adding that new ENG eyecup to this sucker. How do I keep nose prints (and snot!) off of the LCD when using the EVF? :)

https://youtu.be/ODOVxqTdvpI

Good luck trying to find a better eyecup - sony don't make one and i'm still looking - you are right they evf is way way better than the lcd, especially judging focus - even with a swivi loupe!

Paul Anderegg
September 25th, 2015, 10:07 PM
The A7s LCD is too black, causes me to overexpose. See below for the new Hoodman eyecup, WITH eye sensor function retained. :)

Hoodman Hoodeye Eyecup for Sony Alpha a7, a7R, a7S, and a7 HEYES

Peter Rush
September 26th, 2015, 06:07 AM
Aaah now that's what I've been looking for all this time - not out yet though?

Pete

Steve Bleasdale
September 26th, 2015, 11:03 AM
giz a shout pete when in stock somewhere got the a7sii on order wex

Paul Anderegg
September 29th, 2015, 03:03 AM
Here is another low light ENG scene. The very end is a gain up to maximum ISO. I am having a very hard time focusing with the EVF, might be the loss of resolution from the extensive need for digital zoom with only a 135mm lens.

https://youtu.be/zQsAb8iVNLk