View Full Version : X70 streaming thumbnail

James E. Thomas
September 5th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I can setup streaming on my X70 just fine until I reach the point that tells me to press the streaming thumbnail to start streaming, The thumbnail is not active and does nothing no matter what I do. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas?

Craig Seeman
September 7th, 2015, 12:28 PM
It's not clear you've set streaming up correctly.
Have you setup and confirmed WiFi works?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "thumbnail is not active." It's a hardware button one pushes.

James E. Thomas
September 7th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Thanks Craig, I do have my wifI connection setup correctly and when I execute the preset I get the ( Streaming ) on the LCD screen. I am trying to stream to VLC Player and am entering udp://@:1234 for a network URL but I never get the stream in VLC. At the bottom of the LCD I have ( thumbnail ) start stream, I don't know if I am streaming and just not have VLC setup correctly or I still need to do something to start the stream?

Craig Seeman
September 7th, 2015, 03:25 PM
It looks like you have it setup correctly. Make sure you hit that thumbnail button. But I use udp://:1234 (no @) and it works.

James E. Thomas
September 7th, 2015, 05:07 PM
It looks like you have it setup correctly. Make sure you hit that thumbnail button. But I use udp://:1234 (no @) and it works.

I hate to admit it I I was totally unaware of the thumbnail button, also don't know where I came up with the ( @ ). It's working fine now, I really appreciate the help,

Paul Anderegg
September 8th, 2015, 05:53 PM
The thumbnail button only activates streaming start, after you activate streaming operation mode, which would need a second button assigned. You will see blue text saying thumbnail to start streaming across the bottom of the screen after pressing the streaming operation button, which will first open a select WiFi screen.

Paul

Donald McPherson
November 27th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Almost got it working with screen stream for android. Forget about the content as it's just a trial.

https://youtu.be/UmXnHgwGCMw