X70 streaming thumbnail at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old September 5th, 2015, 11:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

X70 streaming thumbnail

I can setup streaming on my X70 just fine until I reach the point that tells me to press the streaming thumbnail to start streaming, The thumbnail is not active and does nothing no matter what I do. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas?
James E. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2015, 12:28 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: X70 streaming thumbnail

It's not clear you've set streaming up correctly.
Have you setup and confirmed WiFi works?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "thumbnail is not active." It's a hardware button one pushes.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2015, 03:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Craig, I do have my wifI connection setup correctly and when I execute the preset I get the ( Streaming ) on the LCD screen. I am trying to stream to VLC Player and am entering udp://@:1234 for a network URL but I never get the stream in VLC. At the bottom of the LCD I have ( thumbnail ) start stream, I don't know if I am streaming and just not have VLC setup correctly or I still need to do something to start the stream?
Old September 7th, 2015, 03:25 PM   #4
Inner Circle

It looks like you have it setup correctly. Make sure you hit that thumbnail button. But I use udp://:1234 (no @) and it works.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2015, 05:07 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
It looks like you have it setup correctly. Make sure you hit that thumbnail button. But I use udp://:1234 (no @) and it works.
I hate to admit it I I was totally unaware of the thumbnail button, also don't know where I came up with the ( @ ). It's working fine now, I really appreciate the help,
Old September 8th, 2015, 05:53 PM   #6
Trustee

The thumbnail button only activates streaming start, after you activate streaming operation mode, which would need a second button assigned. You will see blue text saying thumbnail to start streaming across the bottom of the screen after pressing the streaming operation button, which will first open a select WiFi screen.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 02:09 PM   #7
Major Player

Almost got it working with screen stream for android. Forget about the content as it's just a trial.

Donald McPherson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds