View Full Version : Who is the Panasonic Rep for US and Canada?

Ronald Lee
October 29th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Hi there,

Looking for a name and contact number for the Panasonic Marketing and or P2/prosumer cameras rep for both Canada and the US.

Can anyone help?

thanks.

ron

Kevin Dooley
October 30th, 2005, 05:16 AM
I dunno if she's Canada too (I would assume, but you know what that does...) but US is Jan Crittenden Livingston and she's an active member of these forums.

Her info page is here (http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/member.php?u=1848), including a link to email her.

Brian Broz
October 30th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Try www.dvcpro.ca
Canadian only contact info I believe.
Hope that helps.

Graeme Nattress
October 30th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Yes, David Craig is Jan's Canadian equivalent, I think. Great bloke - had a good chat to him last week.

Graeme

Evan C. King
October 30th, 2005, 07:14 PM
If he's so great how come canada never sees any of the great deals the US does? And I don't even think we've technically gotten an official announcement about the HVX in the way that the US gets them, and one day the dvx100b just randomly showed up on the site. If it wasn't for forums like this a lot of people wouldn't really know anything about the HVX.

How come the US seems to get such great personal service and we get left in the dark with little information and usually crazy price markups?

Graeme Nattress
October 31st, 2005, 05:50 AM
Panasonic Canada is a very different beast to Panasonic USA. As far as I understand, other than that we've got, like about than 1/8 the population, all spread out, Panasonic Canada just does things differently, and that's at the higher levels. Hence David's little dvcpro.ca site, which he maintains to keep Canadian's aware of what Panasonic Canada HQ should be telling us.

Graeme

Evan C. King
November 1st, 2005, 08:11 PM
Well I'm not the only Canadian to feel left out in the cold and having a smaller population isn't fair reason to give us such subpar customer service.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V3/showthread.php?t=37305

There are plenty of people in this thread that feel the same way I do.

Graeme Nattress
November 2nd, 2005, 07:30 AM
Just to be fair, when I last bought a Sony camera, I found it's price to be high north of the border also.

Graeme

Graeme Nattress
November 2nd, 2005, 07:31 AM
Just to be fair, when I last bought a Sony camera, I found it's price to be high north of the border also.

Graeme

Terry Nixon
November 2nd, 2005, 10:50 PM
why not call your local panasonic dealer in your area and ask? its usually not a secret.

Hi there,

Looking for a name and contact number for the Panasonic Marketing and or P2/prosumer cameras rep for both Canada and the US.

Can anyone help?

thanks.

ron

Evan C. King
November 2nd, 2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah Graeme your absolutely right. The markup is on tons of stuff in this country!

Brian Broz
November 5th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Please keep in mind us dealers in Canada aren't trying to get rich...often we are stuck with dealer costs from manufacturers that are higher than the B+H "retail" price.
I'm not crying the blues, but don't necessairily blame the dealers for high prices. Just thought I'd clarify, as the dealer I work for works hard at providing good service, product knowledge, and competitive pricing...but we simply can't match B&H but hopefully we are close with local dealer support.
Anyways, just thought I'd throw in my 2cents.
Thanks everyone,

Brian Broz

R Geoff Baker
November 6th, 2005, 04:17 PM
I've bought 'cross-border' and I've bought local. My experience: Take the best reputable dealer cross border price you can find, and call your reputable local dealer. Offer to buy at the cross-border price. I've been offered price match in every case. You can't use this as an excuse to beat the taxes -- that 15% (Ontario, anyway) isn't going to the dealer anyway. But you will get the GST back when you file ...

GB

Evan C. King
November 7th, 2005, 04:00 AM
What dealer have you dealt with that price matched to US prices? I would like to know so I can see if I can use the same one.

R Geoff Baker
November 8th, 2005, 05:17 AM
In Ottawa I have made matched price purchases from the industrial division of Bleekers, and from Pro AV who I suppose are now TMS.

GB

Graeme Nattress
November 21st, 2005, 12:37 PM
The Panasonic pro dealers in Ottawa are Cinequip and TMS. Bleeker can get the DVX100, but they're not a pro dealer and won't be getting the HVX200.

If you're in Ottawa, best to email Michael Fawcett, who is the Account Manager for the region. If you need contact details, email me off board as I'd hate him to get loadsa spam from spambots.

Graeme