Who is the Panasonic Rep for US and Canada? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 29th, 2005, 12:32 PM   #1
Major Player

Who is the Panasonic Rep for US and Canada?

Hi there,

Looking for a name and contact number for the Panasonic Marketing and or P2/prosumer cameras rep for both Canada and the US.

Can anyone help?

thanks.

ron
Ronald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 05:16 AM   #2
Major Player

I dunno if she's Canada too (I would assume, but you know what that does...) but US is Jan Crittenden Livingston and she's an active member of these forums.

Her info page is here, including a link to email her.
Old October 30th, 2005, 02:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Try www.dvcpro.ca
Canadian only contact info I believe.
Hope that helps.
Brian Broz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 03:52 PM   #4
RED Problem Solver

Yes, David Craig is Jan's Canadian equivalent, I think. Great bloke - had a good chat to him last week.

Graeme
Graeme Nattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 07:14 PM   #5
Major Player

If he's so great how come canada never sees any of the great deals the US does? And I don't even think we've technically gotten an official announcement about the HVX in the way that the US gets them, and one day the dvx100b just randomly showed up on the site. If it wasn't for forums like this a lot of people wouldn't really know anything about the HVX.

How come the US seems to get such great personal service and we get left in the dark with little information and usually crazy price markups?
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 05:50 AM   #6
RED Problem Solver

Panasonic Canada is a very different beast to Panasonic USA. As far as I understand, other than that we've got, like about than 1/8 the population, all spread out, Panasonic Canada just does things differently, and that's at the higher levels. Hence David's little dvcpro.ca site, which he maintains to keep Canadian's aware of what Panasonic Canada HQ should be telling us.

Graeme
Old November 1st, 2005, 08:11 PM   #7
Major Player

Well I'm not the only Canadian to feel left out in the cold and having a smaller population isn't fair reason to give us such subpar customer service.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V3/showthread.php?t=37305

There are plenty of people in this thread that feel the same way I do.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:30 AM   #8
RED Problem Solver

Just to be fair, when I last bought a Sony camera, I found it's price to be high north of the border also.

Graeme
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:31 AM   #9
RED Problem Solver

Just to be fair, when I last bought a Sony camera, I found it's price to be high north of the border also.

Graeme
Old November 2nd, 2005, 10:50 PM   #10

why not call your local panasonic dealer in your area and ask? its usually not a secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Ng
Hi there,

Looking for a name and contact number for the Panasonic Marketing and or P2/prosumer cameras rep for both Canada and the US.

Can anyone help?

thanks.

ron
Terry Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2005, 11:12 PM   #11
Major Player

Yeah Graeme your absolutely right. The markup is on tons of stuff in this country!
Old November 5th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Please keep in mind us dealers in Canada aren't trying to get rich...often we are stuck with dealer costs from manufacturers that are higher than the B+H "retail" price.
I'm not crying the blues, but don't necessairily blame the dealers for high prices. Just thought I'd clarify, as the dealer I work for works hard at providing good service, product knowledge, and competitive pricing...but we simply can't match B&H but hopefully we are close with local dealer support.
Anyways, just thought I'd throw in my 2cents.
Thanks everyone,

Brian Broz
Brian Broz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2005, 04:17 PM   #13
Major Player

Canadian purchases

I've bought 'cross-border' and I've bought local. My experience: Take the best reputable dealer cross border price you can find, and call your reputable local dealer. Offer to buy at the cross-border price. I've been offered price match in every case. You can't use this as an excuse to beat the taxes -- that 15% (Ontario, anyway) isn't going to the dealer anyway. But you will get the GST back when you file ...

GB
R Geoff Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2005, 04:00 AM   #14
Major Player

What dealer have you dealt with that price matched to US prices? I would like to know so I can see if I can use the same one.
Old November 8th, 2005, 05:17 AM   #15
Major Player

In Ottawa I have made matched price purchases from the industrial division of Bleekers, and from Pro AV who I suppose are now TMS.

GB
R Geoff Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders