View Full Version : UWOL email is back in business

Trond Saetre
October 23rd, 2019, 07:59 AM
Hi everyone,

The last few months, having access to the UWOL email account on my cell phone, has been a royal pain in the rear end.

Due to "company policy" a screen lock is required, which I have activated.
But even with screen lock activated, I get "account action required" error messages and have to sign in to the UWOL account again.
This happens anywhere between a few times, and the record (so far) around 50 times a day, which gets pretty annoying.

So, due to this, I have now chosen to remove access to UWOL email from my phone.
This means I will only be able to check that email once in a while, manually checking for any received emails.

Probably the best solution from now, and without a doubt the quickest way to get in touch with me (UWOL admin), is to send messages through my account here at dvinfo. Using the UWOL email, might take a couple days to get any response.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chris Hurd
October 28th, 2019, 08:18 AM
Hi Trond,

I have been away at PhotoPlus Expo and I am seeing this only just now.

Is there something I can change from the DVi / UWOL admin side that will help with this?

Trond Saetre
October 28th, 2019, 08:26 AM
Chris,

I really don't know. The errors are because of "company policy" which I believe means DVInfo, requires screen lock to access the uwol email account.

Problem is that even though I already have activated screen lock on my phone, I still get the errors and have to sign into the uwol account frequently.
So I am not sure if it is an error on my side (my phone acting up), or if the error is on your side.

It started a few months ago, but then only once every few days, and last few weeks really becoming gradually worse/ more frequent.

Tony McGuire
October 28th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Trond,

Are you on an Iphone as I know someone who also seems to have this problem. Which I think its apples own mail software. I have told him to try a different mail software as in K-9 Mail is one I use on android I dont know if its on Iphones. This may help

Trond Saetre
October 28th, 2019, 09:38 AM
No, I'm in the android world, using a Samsung Note 8.

Tony McGuire
October 28th, 2019, 10:29 AM
intresting that. I am android myself on a cat s41 and android 8. I never used the androids own email software I have always used K9-mail and never had a problem with mail. I know I had email problem in android v 4 and thats went I started using K9 and never looked back.

If you know your email setting it may be worth trying

Trond Saetre
October 28th, 2019, 10:42 AM
I have experimented a lot with any settings. Might be Google/android for some reason fail to see I have the screen lock activated.
Might be that the dvinfo has changed some security settings for the email server/ email policy, or a combination.

So far I don't have any conclusions other than that the issue is related to the email account requires a screen lock on the phone, and some component fails to recognize that a screen lock is in use.

Chris Hurd
October 28th, 2019, 08:13 PM
Allow me to look into this from the DVi mail accounts admin side.

Chris Hurd
October 28th, 2019, 09:03 PM
The errors are because of "company policy" which I believe means DVInfo,

Yes, that appears to be correct. Which means your trouble is caused at my end.

requires screen lock to access the uwol email account.

I'll try to get this fixed for you somehow. It's the end of my day here, but I hope to have something done about this within the next 12 to 24 hours.

Chris Hurd
October 29th, 2019, 06:53 AM
Hello Trond, from my end I have set "mobile device management" to OFF (I am not sure why it was on in the first place). Also, I have re-named that account so that it shows to be under your name. Originally it was just a generic UWOL account, but since it's been assigned to you, I thought it should carry your name. Please let me know if this changes things for the better, for worse, or not at all. I want to make it right.

Trond Saetre
October 29th, 2019, 07:08 AM
Chris, thank you. I have now added the UWOL email account to my phone again.
I'll be testing it out, both with and without screen lock activated, and report back to you early next week.
Hopefully your changes solved the problems.

Trond Saetre
November 3rd, 2019, 05:25 AM
Update:

During the last days I have been testing a lot, both with and without screen lock active, on my phone.
Not a single error message, so it appears the error has been fixed by dvinfo. Thanks, Chris!

UWOL email is therefore "healthy" and in normal status again.
I am receiving instant notifications of received emails, like it used to be.

@Chris:
Any chance you could modify the title of this thread, to show that the UWOL email is back in business?

Chris Hurd
November 3rd, 2019, 09:04 AM
Great news! Thanks for the update, Trond! Sorry you had that experience in the first place.