View Full Version : Error Code 117 when updating

Jay Webster
March 12th, 2020, 12:54 PM
I've been getting an error code 117 when trying to update CC Desktop and Apps. I tried all the "fixes" from Adobe as well as resorting to tech support who could not fix the problem either. Has anyone else been having this problem or have a solution to it????
Very frustrating!

Jay Webster
March 25th, 2020, 07:44 PM
OK, after two LONG sessions with Adobe Tech which did no good I finally fixed the problem today!
I first started Windows in "Safe Mode w/networking and tried to update the app...no dice there although I did get a "updating media encoder" screen? After a few hours of nothing happening, I closed out and ran the quick repair tool and then installed the desktop app yet again (This is of course after Adobe Tech ran the cleaner tool which wipes out anything Adobe on your workstation! I also ran through all hard drives searching for any Adobe leftovers previous versions...etc) and shred them all except for footage folders.
I then re-installed the desktop app and was able to update and re-install Premiere, Media Encoder, Camera Raw, After FX, and Audition, and Photoshop and Lightroom. The stuff I use on a regular basis on my work. I wish I could offer a better solution to anyone with this issue, but at this point I just feel like it was dumb luck! Adobe really needs to fix their Algorithm and coding! I cant go through this every couple of months while working on projects! It's Crazy on a monthly paid subscription!

Ann Bens
March 29th, 2020, 01:48 PM
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error-code-117.html

Jay Webster
March 29th, 2020, 05:44 PM
Thank you so very much for the reply Ann.
I did try all of those solutions (except for deleting crypto files) before contacting tech support who re-traced everything I HAD ALREADY DONE. I assume they did delete crypto files while having control over my workstation?? They were unable to correct the problem.
Anyway, after starting windows in safe mode/w networking and re following all steps as you outlined, I re-installed the desktop app and all seems fine at least for now!
I have had previous issues with CC but never anything of this magnitude. I hope this doesn't continue since I am quite vested in Adobe at this point and cannot afford to be out of commission for weeks at a time!
Again, thank you very very much for your reply! Greatly appreciated!