View Full Version : AX100 4K export for distribution

Martin Archer-Shee
November 28th, 2021, 07:54 AM
Have had the Camera for several years but not used the 4K settings for recording and then editing for distributing. With the pandemic videoing of dance recitals/performances has dropped to zero. Now we have the first full Nutcracker audience in theatre (Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada) ( everyone checked for double vaccination and wearing a mask). I have recorded the show in 4K and even used 100mbs for one show. Great quality from the camera on a 4K 65 inch set.

Now for a bit of editing, adjustments, titles, credits etc. and export for distribution via download from Google Drive. Camera file sizes are large ( 4K 60mbs about 32gb, 4K 100mbs 59gb). I will be editing in Hitfilm and use proxies during editing to reduce the computer load ( iMac27 with lots of ram). There are a number of preset settings for export but I am not sure what approach would be best to give high quality outputs and maintain a somewhat reasonable file size ( maybe up to 20gb???) for downloading and use on a 4K tv. Or should I modify an existing preset to make a "better" preset and if so how?

I have been using Hitfilm for a while and am reasonably comfortable with it. Quality is good and the price is right ($0). Another good editing option would be DaVinci Resolve 17 (also $0) but I would need to go through the learning curve.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Martin