AX100 4K export for distribution at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old November 28th, 2021, 07:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

AX100 4K export for distribution

Have had the Camera for several years but not used the 4K settings for recording and then editing for distributing. With the pandemic videoing of dance recitals/performances has dropped to zero. Now we have the first full Nutcracker audience in theatre (Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada) ( everyone checked for double vaccination and wearing a mask). I have recorded the show in 4K and even used 100mbs for one show. Great quality from the camera on a 4K 65 inch set.

Now for a bit of editing, adjustments, titles, credits etc. and export for distribution via download from Google Drive. Camera file sizes are large ( 4K 60mbs about 32gb, 4K 100mbs 59gb). I will be editing in Hitfilm and use proxies during editing to reduce the computer load ( iMac27 with lots of ram). There are a number of preset settings for export but I am not sure what approach would be best to give high quality outputs and maintain a somewhat reasonable file size ( maybe up to 20gb???) for downloading and use on a 4K tv. Or should I modify an existing preset to make a "better" preset and if so how?

I have been using Hitfilm for a while and am reasonably comfortable with it. Quality is good and the price is right ($0). Another good editing option would be DaVinci Resolve 17 (also $0) but I would need to go through the learning curve.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Martin
Martin Archer-Shee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds