View Full Version : Rebate Problem

Robert Bobson
February 24th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Anyone having trouble with the panasonic rebate?

I'm trying to submit my Request for a $400 rebate on the DVX100B via the rebate website, but I keep getting a redo warning, "submit valid serial number".

I've double checked the number and it is correct.

I called B&H, they gave me a number for Panasonic, they passed me around, and I finally ended up on an equipment technical line. (they couldn't help)

So I thought I'd check here to see if anyone is having a similar problem.

Scott Cozad
February 24th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I purchased a DVC30 in late December and received my rebate last week. I didn't have any problems with the website. Here's a link for Panasonic's rebate support page for the DVX100B. Have you checked it out?

http://www.acbrebate.com/PanasonicRebate/site/contact_AGDVX100B.aspx

Ruben Contreras
February 24th, 2006, 08:53 PM
I had the same problem. I called a number and they emailed me a mail in rebate form. For some legal reasons they cant post the mail in rebate online. Give me your email and I'll email it to you. I just turned mine in two days ago.

Robert Bobson
February 25th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Thanks! I didn't have that website, with the direct phone numbers.

And Ruben, my email is heybobbo@aol.com.

Thanks very much.

Bob

Michael McGruder
February 25th, 2006, 06:56 AM
I had the same error message....

...until I registered the camera online, then waited a couple of days and tried the form again. It could've been a coincidence, but I believe the camera needs to be registered through Panasonic before starting the rebate process.

I'm away from all of my paperwork right now, so I can't forward you the link to the Panasonic registration page....

For what it's worth,
-Michael

Robert Bobson
February 25th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Mike.

I took your advice and just registered it at the panasonic site, so hopefully that will help, too.

Robert M Wright
February 25th, 2006, 04:12 PM
It never hurts to send an email (and certified snail mail, if need be) to the manufacturer, detailing these troubles, just to leave a good trail of documentation that shows it was brought to their attention, and in a timely manner, should you ever need it. Who knows, somebody there might even read the email and help resolve the issue too!

Robert Bobson
March 8th, 2006, 06:34 AM
after a lot of "phone tag", I finally received the short answer: Don't include the "R" at the end of the serial number when applying for the rebate. WHY DON'T THEY SAY THAT ON THEIR WEBSITE ??!!??!

Bob Koza
March 8th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Yes, drop the R on the serial number.
Also, I was told by a Panasonic rep to get the model number and serial number from the camera (under the eyepiece) and not from the box as the registration/rebate website states.
The registration/rebate CARD (that you could mail in) that came with the camera, states to get the info from the camera. So, the website instructions may cause an error message on the model number.

Bottom line - get the model number from the camera, and drop the R from the serial number.

Brendan Bhagan
March 8th, 2006, 06:09 PM
To use the online rebate form register and wait 24-48hrs and then try the rebate online.

www.panasonic.com/register to register first, it won't accept the info from the rebate page untill it is registered with the same serial # on the cam, the registration page also spits out the serial # if you have "R" in it. Just take the # from the cam and model to.

Hugh DiMauro
March 9th, 2006, 07:22 AM
I used snail mail and finally got the ball rolling. Here is the link to track your progress:

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=O&storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=94944&catGroupId=14571&modelNo=AG-DVX100B&surfModel=AG-DVX100B

Click "Over 850 in cash and acessories" then click the second paragraph on the new dialog box. Fill in the info.

You can keep in touch with this woman who has been very helpful:

kgoodwin@acbcoop.com

Now I have a question: Has anybody been having trouble receiving Barry Green's book, accompanying DVD and the Magic Bullet software that is supposed to come with the rebate?

Robert Bobson
March 9th, 2006, 06:22 PM
I received the book and Magic Bullet - but I didn't receive the DVD (although the book references the DVD many times)

Hugh DiMauro
March 9th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Robert:

Did the book and Magic Bullet come with the rebate check from Panasonic or separately? And if so, how much longer afterwards?

Michael McGruder
March 9th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I got the book, the DVD and the magic bullet software inside the Panasonic box... Now I'm just waiting on the $200 rebate and that should be coming soon.. I ordered mine from Brian at Zotz -- who advised that my order was coming from his supplier in Southern California. I'm not sure why other companies are doing it differently than others, but I'd contact whoever you ordered it from to double check where the DVD, book or software was supposed to be shipped in..

Regards,
-Michael

Robert Bobson
March 10th, 2006, 06:46 AM
I bought from B&H and the book and Magic Bullet were included in the box.

Hugh DiMauro
March 10th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Hmmm... Abel CineTech told me the book, DVD and software are coming separately from Panasonic and Panasonic acted a bit suprised. When I told Panasonic what Abel told me, the Panny rep said "It must come from us so forward to us the e-mail from Abel stating that the stuff comes from us." And that is what I did. But it all feels so nebulous. I will wait until I get the rebate check and see what happens.

Curtis Rhoads
March 10th, 2006, 12:36 PM
My understanding was that the cameras were originally shipped into a warehouse in Washington from Japan, and the Book/DVD/Magic Bullet were added to the boxes there, then shipped to dealers. That has since changed, and the cameras are now shipped directly from Japan to the dealers, and you must submit the claim information to received them as part of the rebate promo. So in effect, Abel is correct in that you receive this stuff from Panasonic. It's just changed on how you receive it. That's why some people are getting it in the box, and others are having to wait for it to be sent to them.

Why the Panny rep acted surprised, would indicate a breakdown in communication to me. Having worked in support centers before, I would always find out about something from a customer before getting the email or flyer in my box detailing the info.

Nathan Chaszeyka
March 10th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I sent my rebate in on Nov 5, for my DVX100a got my rebate back in late January and still have not received my battery and tapes. When I called them in January I was told that it would be 4 weeks at most until I recieved my battery and tapes. I gave up on it and just chalked it up to another one of those manufacturer rebates that never comes to fruition.

Dale Lundy
March 11th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I just got a DVX100B from B&H and the web site said the book and Magic Bullet were included. But neither was in the box. Should they have been? Or will they come with the rebate?

Hugh DiMauro
March 14th, 2006, 11:20 AM
According to Panasonic, it comes with the rebate. I am still awaiting my rebate check, book, DVD and Magic Bullet software.

Contact this woman at Panasonic:

kgoodwin@acbcoop.com

She has been good at returning my e-mails in a timely fashion.

Barry Green
March 14th, 2006, 02:04 PM
The Book, DVD, and Magic Bullet software are no longer included in the box, they now are mailed to you, as part of when you file for the rebate.

Mark D. Lee
March 21st, 2006, 04:38 PM
WATCH OUT!
I had the same problem as the person who originally posted this. In fact, I bought my DVX100A in June of 2005 and wasn't able to submit the rebate online. After some emails, I was told to go the paper route. I did and waited a very long time. Finally, in December, I received a letter saying that I couldn't receive the rebate because SOMEONE ELSE HAD ALREADY CLAIMED IT. WTF??? I waited so long to just find out that I'd be getting NO BATTERY, NO TAPES, AND NO $300!!! And what nerve to say that it was "already claimed" (to another person they wouldn't name) when MY name was on the receipt that I sent in!?!?!? Since then, I have played phone tag with them and STILL HAVE NOT COME TO A CONCLUSION. I am pissed off still, and it's almost now a year later. I posted this on dvxuser.com, but of course, the post was moved to an akward thread because will never say anything bad about Panasonic, so no one really saw it. I'm so glad somebody else is reporting the same problem.

Brendan Bhagan
March 21st, 2006, 04:53 PM
Mark your problem doesn't sound like a Panasonic problem but a bad online retailer, The rebate process has flaws but it works for most who didn't get ripped off by a shady store.

Mark D. Lee
March 22nd, 2006, 06:02 PM
Nope, unless you're calling EVS Online a shady retailer.

Michael McGruder
March 22nd, 2006, 10:08 PM
I submitted my rebate on 2/4/2006 and I just got my check today 03/22/06. Just a bit over 6 weeks. So it *does* take awhile for these rebates to be processed. I think the advice so far has been spot on -- give them a call if you're concerned. (the number and contact person was already mentioned earlier in this thread..)

I hope everyone gets their rebates and associated software/books and DVD.

-Michael

Robert Bobson
May 2nd, 2006, 05:04 AM
I submitted my rebate request on March 8 - and just received the check - about 7 weeks.

Hugh DiMauro
May 2nd, 2006, 08:25 AM
I fell through the Panasonic cracks when it came time for me to get Barry's book and the Magic Bullet software. I spoke with Veronica, (866) 339-4296, who immediately mailed out those two aforementioned items a day after the six week deadline. Know what I received in the envelope? Old NEW YORK POST newspapers! Thinking somebody was playing a joke, I called back and she seemed genuinely appalled and overnighted the DVX book and software with her apologies.

As for the $200.00 rebate? I am on my 9th or 10th week and have not received the check. I spoke with her this morning and was told the rebate company is still awaiting rebate money from Panasonic.

Things that make you go HMMMMM...

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!