Rebate Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old February 24th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #1
Major Player

Rebate Problem

Anyone having trouble with the panasonic rebate?

I'm trying to submit my Request for a $400 rebate on the DVX100B via the rebate website, but I keep getting a redo warning, "submit valid serial number".

I've double checked the number and it is correct.

I called B&H, they gave me a number for Panasonic, they passed me around, and I finally ended up on an equipment technical line. (they couldn't help)

So I thought I'd check here to see if anyone is having a similar problem.
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Rebate

I purchased a DVC30 in late December and received my rebate last week. I didn't have any problems with the website. Here's a link for Panasonic's rebate support page for the DVX100B. Have you checked it out?

http://www.acbrebate.com/PanasonicRe...AGDVX100B.aspx
Scott Cozad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #3
New Boot

I had the same problem. I called a number and they emailed me a mail in rebate form. For some legal reasons they cant post the mail in rebate online. Give me your email and I'll email it to you. I just turned mine in two days ago.
Ruben Contreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 06:42 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks! I didn't have that website, with the direct phone numbers.

And Ruben, my email is heybobbo@aol.com.

Thanks very much.

Bob
Old February 25th, 2006, 06:56 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I had the same error message....

...until I registered the camera online, then waited a couple of days and tried the form again. It could've been a coincidence, but I believe the camera needs to be registered through Panasonic before starting the rebate process.

I'm away from all of my paperwork right now, so I can't forward you the link to the Panasonic registration page....

For what it's worth,
-Michael
Michael McGruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 10:32 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks, Mike.

I took your advice and just registered it at the panasonic site, so hopefully that will help, too.
Old February 25th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #7
Inner Circle

It never hurts to send an email (and certified snail mail, if need be) to the manufacturer, detailing these troubles, just to leave a good trail of documentation that shows it was brought to their attention, and in a timely manner, should you ever need it. Who knows, somebody there might even read the email and help resolve the issue too!
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 06:34 AM   #8
Major Player

solution

after a lot of "phone tag", I finally received the short answer: Don't include the "R" at the end of the serial number when applying for the rebate. WHY DON'T THEY SAY THAT ON THEIR WEBSITE ??!!??!
Old March 8th, 2006, 10:09 AM   #9
New Boot

Yes, drop the R on the serial number.
Also, I was told by a Panasonic rep to get the model number and serial number from the camera (under the eyepiece) and not from the box as the registration/rebate website states.
The registration/rebate CARD (that you could mail in) that came with the camera, states to get the info from the camera. So, the website instructions may cause an error message on the model number.

Bottom line - get the model number from the camera, and drop the R from the serial number.
Bob Koza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 06:09 PM   #10
New Boot

To use the online rebate form register and wait 24-48hrs and then try the rebate online.

www.panasonic.com/register to register first, it won't accept the info from the rebate page untill it is registered with the same serial # on the cam, the registration page also spits out the serial # if you have "R" in it. Just take the # from the cam and model to.
Brendan Bhagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #11
Trustee

I had the same problem as well.

I used snail mail and finally got the ball rolling. Here is the link to track your progress:

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...del=AG-DVX100B

Click "Over 850 in cash and acessories" then click the second paragraph on the new dialog box. Fill in the info.

You can keep in touch with this woman who has been very helpful:

kgoodwin@acbcoop.com

Now I have a question: Has anybody been having trouble receiving Barry Green's book, accompanying DVD and the Magic Bullet software that is supposed to come with the rebate?
Old March 9th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #12
Major Player

I received the book and Magic Bullet - but I didn't receive the DVD (although the book references the DVD many times)
Old March 9th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #13
Trustee

Robert:

Did the book and Magic Bullet come with the rebate check from Panasonic or separately? And if so, how much longer afterwards?
Old March 9th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #14
Regular Crew

I got the book, the DVD and the magic bullet software inside the Panasonic box... Now I'm just waiting on the $200 rebate and that should be coming soon.. I ordered mine from Brian at Zotz -- who advised that my order was coming from his supplier in Southern California. I'm not sure why other companies are doing it differently than others, but I'd contact whoever you ordered it from to double check where the DVD, book or software was supposed to be shipped in..

Regards,
-Michael
Michael McGruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 06:46 AM   #15
Major Player

I bought from B&H and the book and Magic Bullet were included in the box.
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant