View Full Version : Thanks DVinfo for my Birthday email

Rik Sanchez
May 10th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Today is my birthday and I turned 41 but I feel 21. I went and turned on my computer and found a birthday message from DVinfo. What a nice surprise, Thanks Chris and everyone else here at DVinfo. So far is shaping up into a great b-day.

I managed to talk my wife into letting me get some photo gear as a birthday present for myself, too bad birthdays only come around once a year.

Anyone know when is Chris's birthday?

Lorinda Norton
May 10th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Happy Birthday, Rik!! Whoever said life begins at 40 wasn't kidding; the best is yet to come!!!! Have a great day.

Rik Sanchez
May 10th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Lorinda,
thanks, like a friend who is 42 once told me, 40 is the new 30.

Dylan Couper
May 10th, 2006, 09:10 PM
DVinfo likes you better than it likes me. It missed mine!

Happy B-Day!

Chris Hurd
May 10th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I wish I could figure out how to stop this thing from sending those stupid birthday emails!

Rik Sanchez
May 10th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks Dylan, that sucks your birthday email didn't come. Happy belated b-day to you. Would a sorry note from the management and an 8 gig P2 card make it all better? :)

With all the members here, if you split the birthdays up evenly over the year DVinfo sends out about 56 birthday email everday.

Pete Bauer
May 11th, 2006, 08:02 AM
DVinfo likes you better than it likes me. It missed mine!Hey Dylan, I'm guessing that it'll improve your chances of getting a birthday email if, during a lucid moment, you add your birthdate to your profile.

Pthtthhhhwww!~

I opted not to list my birthday because I don't want a birthday email. Bah humbug. Now, if we could just get everyone to put in their location in their profile as we solid citizens have done and as required by the TOS! That would be almost as good as getting a birthday email from DVi!

Meryem Ersoz
May 11th, 2006, 08:45 AM
chris, you're a bright ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. you made rik's day! that's gotta be worth something!

emoticons, birthday e-mails....what's next? i await a live, singing telegram, personally delivered on august 13....

happy 40th, rik. the rule of 40 is that you get to start celebrating the decades. the teeny tiny birthdays in between sort of blur together.....

Hugh DiMauro
May 12th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Dear Rik:

I'll be 44, real soon. The magnficent facet of our generation is that in our 40s, we still feel like we're in our 20s. Remember when we were in our teens and the 40 year olds were ancient?

Rik and anybody else having doubts, please, trust me on this: Life begins at 40. You are way ahead of the game when you possess the time-only given wisdom of age and the mental gift of being young at heart. When you feel young, you look young. I enjoy life ten times better now than when I was in my 20s. Why? Guys and gals, remember the uncertainty of life when thrust into the world at such a young age? How many times have we lamented "Boy, if I could be 20 again with the knowledge I have now!" NEWS FLASH: You CAN be 20 again with the knowledge you have now! HA!

Ever hear "Birds of a feather flock together?" My core of close friends/confidants/colleagues span the age gamut from 40 to 61. When we're together, sipping cocktails or just having dinner, we're once again that group of 20 year olds cutting up, laughing hysterically and making all those around us laugh as well. Laugh at yourself. It's the best and healthiest laugh you'll ever have. Slicing through life with a 40+ year old wisdom and open-hearted, younger sense of humor is an experience you should not allow to fall through your fingers.

If you didn't know how old you were, how old would you be?

Rik, welcome to the best half of your life. The culmination of your life's hard work has brought you to this moment. Grab that brass ring, boyo! Open your mind and heart. Some of the unbelievable surprises and people you'll meet along the way will bring you closer to Heaven. I know this from personal experience.

Hugh

Greg Boston
May 12th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Dear Rik:

I'll be 44, real soon. The magnficent facet of our generation is that in our 40s, we still feel like we're in our 20s. Remember when we were in our teens and the 40 year olds were ancient?

Rik and anybody else having doubts, please, trust me on this: Life begins at 40. You are way ahead of the game when you possess the time-only given wisdom of age and the mental gift of being young at heart. When you feel young, you look young. I enjoy life ten times better now than when I was in my 20s. Why? Guys and gals, remember the uncertainty of life when thrust into the world at such a young age? How many times have we lamented "Boy, if I could be 20 again with the knowledge I have now!" NEWS FLASH: You CAN be 20 again with the knowledge you have now! HA!

Ever hear "Birds of a feather flock together?" My core of close friends/confidants/colleagues span the age gamut from 40 to 61. When we're together, sipping cocktails or just having dinner, we're once again that group of 20 year olds cutting up, laughing hysterically and making all those around us laugh as well. Laugh at yourself. It's the best and healthiest laugh you'll ever have. Slicing through life with a 40+ year old wisdom and open-hearted, younger sense of humor is an experience you should not allow to fall through your fingers.

If you didn't know how old you were, how old would you be?

Rik, welcome to the best half of your life. The culmination of your life's hard work has brought you to this moment. Grab that brass ring, boyo! Open your mind and heart. Some of the unbelievable surprises and people you'll meet along the way will bring you closer to Heaven. I know this from personal experience.

Hugh

You got that right Hugh, my man! I'm not going down without a fight. That's why I still get my 40 something tail-end on stage to play rock-n-roll for all the 40 somethings in the crowd who want to dance and party like they are 20 something.

I think something is wrong with my keyboard. It keeps typing something. Now, isn't that something.

-gb-

Ooops, almost forgot...HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIK S.

Hugh DiMauro
May 12th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Cousin Gregory:

Perfect allegory! The gift of your music means so much more. Way to go! I may even decide to take up that instrument that I had so resisted in my wasted youth. My father blew the trumpet for 35 years and man could he play! MAN COULD HE PLAY! How many times had he gently nudged me in that direction only for me to turn my nose up to it?

Youth is wasted on the young. Believe it.

Rik Sanchez
May 12th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Thanks again for the b-day messages. Yeah, I like being in my 40's, things have gotten a lot better overall the last two years. A lot of my friends in the goth-underground scene here were surprised when I told them recently how old I am. Lots of them are in their mid/early twenties, they thought I was a lot younger, they surely didn't think I was in my forties especially when they see me rollerblading around town.

Greg, I know what you mean, once you give up the fight and think you are old then the rest of your life goes downhill. I really like the fact that the rolling stones at their age are still going strong, I hope I am still rocking like them when I get to be their age.

Hugh DiMauro
May 12th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Hey Rik:

Make sure you catch the Rolling Stones new "Steel Wheelchair" Tour!

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

By the way, I did a year in Okinawa, Japan. The Japanese are wonderful (do not - I REPEAT - DO NOT mess with the Japanese cops! They are deadlier with their nightsticks than American cops are with our guns) Nicest people, ever! MMmmmmm... Sake... I remember our interpreters, Mr. Weema-san, Mr. Tekudo-san, Kayo the Kadina Gate guard. Great people.

Rik Sanchez
May 12th, 2006, 10:04 PM
When I first got here to Osaka, 15 years ago, I worked as a bartender at a club and Ronnie Wood of the Stones had an exhibit there of his drawings. He is a very good artist. They didn't let the staff go up and meet him, only the customers so I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

I'll ask my friend about their Japan tour, she is a big fan and travels to all their shows here when the play Japan.

Yeah, the people here are great, my sister is coming to visit me next month and then she'll see why I like it here so much. Luckily I am filming an event while she is here so she gets to see me and what I do for a living, (video).

My wife wants to go to Okinawa so I guess one day we'll make a trip down there.

Greg Boston
May 12th, 2006, 10:14 PM
My father blew the trumpet for 35 years and man could he play! MAN COULD HE PLAY! How many times had he gently nudged me in that direction only for me to turn my nose up to it?

Well Hughbert, maybe that's what held you back. I've been told it's awfully dang hard to blow the trumpet with your nose up to it. You shoulda tried using your lips, works much easier (at least it did for me in 4th grade band).

Hehehehe...

Frank Granovski
May 13th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I received such an e-mail on March 4th. It touched me deeply. Seriously.

Lorinda Norton
May 13th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I still get my 40 something tail-end on stage to play rock-n-roll for all the 40 somethings in the crowd who want to dance and party like they are 20 something.

Just curious, Greg. As a 40 something who likes to dance like she's...hmm...30 something, I'm wondering-- whose tunes do you guys like to play?

Alexander McLeod
May 13th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Just curious, Greg. As a 40 something who likes to dance like she's...hmm...30 something, I'm wondering-- whose tunes do you guys like to play?

Ol' Rockin' Chair Got Me . . . . ?
Sandy

Chris Hurd
May 14th, 2006, 01:21 AM
I understand he's really into disco.

Hugh DiMauro
May 14th, 2006, 06:11 AM
I believe you, Christopher! You should have seen his white, double knit polyester leisure suit at NAB! Nylon shirt, open halfway down his chest showcasing his chest hair and guinea glitter (Hey! I'm Italian so I am allowed to say that. Besides, the term originated in my state during the disco era!)

Greg Boston
May 14th, 2006, 07:58 AM

1st and foremost, our own original material. Secondly, our vocalist has a range that fits well for Stone Temple Pilots, Creed, Tommy Tutone, etc. I'll send you a private mail with the link to listen to our stuff.

Disco?.....arrrrgghhhhh. Not for this boy.

-gb-

Lorinda Norton
May 14th, 2006, 09:27 AM
I understand he's really into disco.
Hahaha! Aw, c'mon, Greg. Shake Your Booty!

Chris Hurd
May 14th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Do a little dance... make a video... get down tonight!

Hugh DiMauro
May 15th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Chris, why does it not surprise me that you refer to a KC and the Sunshine Band song? Oh no.. tell me it's not true.. please tell me it's not true...

Rob Lohman
May 15th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Guess we'll have to find some disco party @ NAB '07? ;)

Hugh DiMauro
May 15th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Rob:

You're not too far off. So help me, the Peppermill looked exactly like the Atlantic City style disco clubs from the 1970s. The only things missing were Aramis cologne, Jovan Musk, polyester, Tony Manero hairdos, huge afros and bell bottoms.

Please PLEASE PLEASE let's not revisit that era? I beg of you. Chris, I promise I'll keep you neck deep in Captain Morgan if we don't do the disco thing.

Rob Lohman
May 15th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I'll be sure to bring my afro.... ;)

Lorinda Norton
May 17th, 2006, 11:24 PM
I'll send you a private mail with the link to listen to our stuff.-gb-

G.B., where's the email/link? I want to hear your stuff!!! :)

Greg Boston
May 17th, 2006, 11:29 PM
G.B., where's the email/link? I want to hear your stuff!!! :)

Sorry, things got crazy over the past few days. Check your email.

-gb-