Thanks DVinfo for my Birthday email at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old May 10th, 2006, 03:43 AM   #1
ChorizoSmells

Thanks DVinfo for my Birthday email

Today is my birthday and I turned 41 but I feel 21. I went and turned on my computer and found a birthday message from DVinfo. What a nice surprise, Thanks Chris and everyone else here at DVinfo. So far is shaping up into a great b-day.

I managed to talk my wife into letting me get some photo gear as a birthday present for myself, too bad birthdays only come around once a year.

Anyone know when is Chris's birthday?
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #2
Wrangler

Happy Birthday, Rik!! Whoever said life begins at 40 wasn't kidding; the best is yet to come!!!! Have a great day.
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:16 AM   #3
ChorizoSmells

Lorinda,
thanks, like a friend who is 42 once told me, 40 is the new 30.
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #4
Wrangler

DVinfo likes you better than it likes me. It missed mine!

Happy B-Day!
Old May 10th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

I wish I could figure out how to stop this thing from sending those stupid birthday emails!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #6
ChorizoSmells

Thanks Dylan, that sucks your birthday email didn't come. Happy belated b-day to you. Would a sorry note from the management and an 8 gig P2 card make it all better? :)

With all the members here, if you split the birthdays up evenly over the year DVinfo sends out about 56 birthday email everday.
Old May 11th, 2006, 08:02 AM   #7
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
DVinfo likes you better than it likes me. It missed mine!
Hey Dylan, I'm guessing that it'll improve your chances of getting a birthday email if, during a lucid moment, you add your birthdate to your profile.

Pthtthhhhwww!~

I opted not to list my birthday because I don't want a birthday email. Bah humbug. Now, if we could just get everyone to put in their location in their profile as we solid citizens have done and as required by the TOS! That would be almost as good as getting a birthday email from DVi!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 08:45 AM   #8
Wrangler

chris, you're a bright ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. you made rik's day! that's gotta be worth something!

emoticons, birthday e-mails....what's next? i await a live, singing telegram, personally delivered on august 13....

happy 40th, rik. the rule of 40 is that you get to start celebrating the decades. the teeny tiny birthdays in between sort of blur together.....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 08:00 AM   #9
Trustee

40, Eh?

Dear Rik:

I'll be 44, real soon. The magnficent facet of our generation is that in our 40s, we still feel like we're in our 20s. Remember when we were in our teens and the 40 year olds were ancient?

Rik and anybody else having doubts, please, trust me on this: Life begins at 40. You are way ahead of the game when you possess the time-only given wisdom of age and the mental gift of being young at heart. When you feel young, you look young. I enjoy life ten times better now than when I was in my 20s. Why? Guys and gals, remember the uncertainty of life when thrust into the world at such a young age? How many times have we lamented "Boy, if I could be 20 again with the knowledge I have now!" NEWS FLASH: You CAN be 20 again with the knowledge you have now! HA!

Ever hear "Birds of a feather flock together?" My core of close friends/confidants/colleagues span the age gamut from 40 to 61. When we're together, sipping cocktails or just having dinner, we're once again that group of 20 year olds cutting up, laughing hysterically and making all those around us laugh as well. Laugh at yourself. It's the best and healthiest laugh you'll ever have. Slicing through life with a 40+ year old wisdom and open-hearted, younger sense of humor is an experience you should not allow to fall through your fingers.

If you didn't know how old you were, how old would you be?

Rik, welcome to the best half of your life. The culmination of your life's hard work has brought you to this moment. Grab that brass ring, boyo! Open your mind and heart. Some of the unbelievable surprises and people you'll meet along the way will bring you closer to Heaven. I know this from personal experience.

Hugh
Old May 12th, 2006, 08:53 AM   #10
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
Dear Rik:

I'll be 44, real soon. The magnficent facet of our generation is that in our 40s, we still feel like we're in our 20s. Remember when we were in our teens and the 40 year olds were ancient?

Rik and anybody else having doubts, please, trust me on this: Life begins at 40. You are way ahead of the game when you possess the time-only given wisdom of age and the mental gift of being young at heart. When you feel young, you look young. I enjoy life ten times better now than when I was in my 20s. Why? Guys and gals, remember the uncertainty of life when thrust into the world at such a young age? How many times have we lamented "Boy, if I could be 20 again with the knowledge I have now!" NEWS FLASH: You CAN be 20 again with the knowledge you have now! HA!

Ever hear "Birds of a feather flock together?" My core of close friends/confidants/colleagues span the age gamut from 40 to 61. When we're together, sipping cocktails or just having dinner, we're once again that group of 20 year olds cutting up, laughing hysterically and making all those around us laugh as well. Laugh at yourself. It's the best and healthiest laugh you'll ever have. Slicing through life with a 40+ year old wisdom and open-hearted, younger sense of humor is an experience you should not allow to fall through your fingers.

If you didn't know how old you were, how old would you be?

Rik, welcome to the best half of your life. The culmination of your life's hard work has brought you to this moment. Grab that brass ring, boyo! Open your mind and heart. Some of the unbelievable surprises and people you'll meet along the way will bring you closer to Heaven. I know this from personal experience.

Hugh
You got that right Hugh, my man! I'm not going down without a fight. That's why I still get my 40 something tail-end on stage to play rock-n-roll for all the 40 somethings in the crowd who want to dance and party like they are 20 something.

I think something is wrong with my keyboard. It keeps typing something. Now, isn't that something.

-gb-

Ooops, almost forgot...HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIK S.
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:26 AM   #11
Trustee

Cousin Gregory:

Perfect allegory! The gift of your music means so much more. Way to go! I may even decide to take up that instrument that I had so resisted in my wasted youth. My father blew the trumpet for 35 years and man could he play! MAN COULD HE PLAY! How many times had he gently nudged me in that direction only for me to turn my nose up to it?

Youth is wasted on the young. Believe it.
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:27 AM   #12
ChorizoSmells

Thanks again for the b-day messages. Yeah, I like being in my 40's, things have gotten a lot better overall the last two years. A lot of my friends in the goth-underground scene here were surprised when I told them recently how old I am. Lots of them are in their mid/early twenties, they thought I was a lot younger, they surely didn't think I was in my forties especially when they see me rollerblading around town.

Greg, I know what you mean, once you give up the fight and think you are old then the rest of your life goes downhill. I really like the fact that the rolling stones at their age are still going strong, I hope I am still rocking like them when I get to be their age.
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #13
Trustee

Hey Rik:

Make sure you catch the Rolling Stones new "Steel Wheelchair" Tour!

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

By the way, I did a year in Okinawa, Japan. The Japanese are wonderful (do not - I REPEAT - DO NOT mess with the Japanese cops! They are deadlier with their nightsticks than American cops are with our guns) Nicest people, ever! MMmmmmm... Sake... I remember our interpreters, Mr. Weema-san, Mr. Tekudo-san, Kayo the Kadina Gate guard. Great people.
Old May 12th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #14
ChorizoSmells

When I first got here to Osaka, 15 years ago, I worked as a bartender at a club and Ronnie Wood of the Stones had an exhibit there of his drawings. He is a very good artist. They didn't let the staff go up and meet him, only the customers so I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

I'll ask my friend about their Japan tour, she is a big fan and travels to all their shows here when the play Japan.

Yeah, the people here are great, my sister is coming to visit me next month and then she'll see why I like it here so much. Luckily I am filming an event while she is here so she gets to see me and what I do for a living, (video).

My wife wants to go to Okinawa so I guess one day we'll make a trip down there.
Old May 12th, 2006, 10:14 PM   #15
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
My father blew the trumpet for 35 years and man could he play! MAN COULD HE PLAY! How many times had he gently nudged me in that direction only for me to turn my nose up to it?
Well Hughbert, maybe that's what held you back. I've been told it's awfully dang hard to blow the trumpet with your nose up to it. You shoulda tried using your lips, works much easier (at least it did for me in 4th grade band).

Hehehehe...
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media