View Full Version : where to buy storybook opening dvd menu software?

Rolland Elliott
August 7th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I have a wedding client that wants the DVD menu of her wedding to have a storybook like opening. Basically the screen would show a storybook and when they clicked on the menu item the book would open into the video footage.

Thanks for any help!

Alex Sprinkle
August 8th, 2006, 12:05 AM
What programs are you working with?

Frank Hool
August 8th, 2006, 12:23 AM
i think there is nothing to do with dvd mastering. You just have to do it some composition software like After Effects is for instance.
Just make of start every clip of clips book opening effect and later book zooms out for example.

Rolland Elliott
August 8th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Well I am primarily using Studio 10, but I also have Liquid, hollywood effects, and the whole dvd production suite that came bundled with liquid.

However, I am really a newbie at this stuff, and don't really know how to use Liquid. So the answer is basically I am using Studio 10.

I'd really rather not have to buy a book and video tape it being opened and then composite everything together.

Peace, Rolland

George Ellis
August 8th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Well I am primarily using Studio 10, but I also have Liquid, hollywood effects, and the whole dvd production suite that came bundled with liquid.

However, I am really a newbie at this stuff, and don't really know how to use Liquid. So the answer is basically I am using Studio 10.

I'd really rather not have to buy a book and video tape it being opened and then composite everything together.

Peace, Rolland
It could be done combining effects (Hollywood FX) and you could do pieces in S10 and merge them in Liquid if you are comfortable with it.

You might be very interested in this http://www.liquidimmersion.org/
In Charlotte and inexpensive, Nov 1-4.

K. Forman
August 8th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I did something similar with InfiniD 3D, creating the book, pages, and laid the images on as a decal. I created an avi of the animation, and edited it into the video.

You would want something like that, and a still of the same book, laying your links over top.

Rolland Elliott
August 8th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. I think I might attend that charlotte seminar! $125 for 3 days is a steal.

George Ellis
August 8th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. I think I might attend that charlotte seminar! $125 for 3 days is a steal.
All of the guys there are top Liquid guys too. Check out the support forum at Avid too for detail questions.