where to buy storybook opening dvd menu software? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old August 7th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

where to buy storybook opening dvd menu software?

I have a wedding client that wants the DVD menu of her wedding to have a storybook like opening. Basically the screen would show a storybook and when they clicked on the menu item the book would open into the video footage.

Thanks for any help!
Old August 8th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #2
Major Player

What programs are you working with?
Alex Sprinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 12:23 AM   #3
Major Player

i think there is nothing to do with dvd mastering. You just have to do it some composition software like After Effects is for instance.
Just make of start every clip of clips book opening effect and later book zooms out for example.
Frank Hool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:26 AM   #4
Regular Crew

so I'd have to actually go and buy a book and tape it?

Well I am primarily using Studio 10, but I also have Liquid, hollywood effects, and the whole dvd production suite that came bundled with liquid.

However, I am really a newbie at this stuff, and don't really know how to use Liquid. So the answer is basically I am using Studio 10.

I'd really rather not have to buy a book and video tape it being opened and then composite everything together.

Peace, Rolland
Old August 8th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolland Elliott
Well I am primarily using Studio 10, but I also have Liquid, hollywood effects, and the whole dvd production suite that came bundled with liquid.

However, I am really a newbie at this stuff, and don't really know how to use Liquid. So the answer is basically I am using Studio 10.

I'd really rather not have to buy a book and video tape it being opened and then composite everything together.

Peace, Rolland
It could be done combining effects (Hollywood FX) and you could do pieces in S10 and merge them in Liquid if you are comfortable with it.

You might be very interested in this http://www.liquidimmersion.org/
In Charlotte and inexpensive, Nov 1-4.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #6
Capt. Quirk

I did something similar with InfiniD 3D, creating the book, pages, and laid the images on as a decal. I created an avi of the animation, and edited it into the video.

You would want something like that, and a still of the same book, laying your links over top.
Old August 8th, 2006, 06:59 PM   #7
Regular Crew

thanks for the help everyone

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I might attend that charlotte seminar! $125 for 3 days is a steal.
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolland Elliott
Thanks for the help everyone. I think I might attend that charlotte seminar! $125 for 3 days is a steal.
All of the guys there are top Liquid guys too. Check out the support forum at Avid too for detail questions.
George Ellis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring