View Full Version : Custom Preset on / off

John Picard
February 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Hey, just got an XL1s and I am getting to know it. Its a great machine to have for sure. Here are my questions. If I go to a maual setting and get in the menu items I can for instance reduce the color until it is b&w, but how do I get it to stay like that when I go to record? The manual says to press the custom preset on/off button but I can't find this button! Where is it? In the menu somewhere? I know I'm a dummy but...! Also is there a way to import analog (vhs from a vcr) into my mac direct through the cam or do I have to record it on a mini dv tape in the cam and then import it? Thanks to all!

Chris Hurd
February 12th, 2007, 05:22 PM
The Custom Preset Select and On / Off buttons are located on the top of the camcorder body, below the grip handle (see attached photo below). Yes you can import analog video through the line-in jacks for real-time conversion to DV over FireWire output -- no recording necessary. See your operator's manual for the specific details (should be on page 99). Hope this helps,

Dan Keaton
February 12th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Dear Chris,

I think that is a photo of an XL2.

The XL1s Custom Presets are described on Page 69 of the manual.

Chris Hurd
February 12th, 2007, 10:12 PM
What the... what forum am I again? Geez, I shouldn't drink NyQuil before 6pm.

Okay, let's try this again... they're under the sliding red cover. Yeah, that's it...

John Picard
February 13th, 2007, 09:19 AM
still no luck finding this button.....

John Picard
February 13th, 2007, 09:25 AM
oops sorry, just saw the new message from Chris, thanks! btw, my band The Kings has a neat vid of our hit, 'This Beat Goes On/Switchin' to Glide' on youtube, should pass 11,000 plays this week, part of it shot with XL1s. It's cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHRfyG48yn4

John Picard
February 13th, 2007, 07:18 PM
thanks guys, with your help and some back to the manual cramming I got it figured out. Its a cool feature to have set up in advance.