Someone found a new use for Macs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:00 PM   #1
Wrangler

Someone found a new use for Macs

http://prometheus.idea-digital.com/p...opic.php?t=214

I guess they are good for something besides FCP...

:)
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:11 PM   #2
Capt. Quirk

I knew they had to be good for something! Question is- Will the batteries last long enough to cook the bacon, or do you need to plug them in?
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:42 PM   #3
Outer Circle

That's funny. But why would someone actually use their expensive laptop to cook bacon?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:44 PM   #4
Slash Rules!

I thought everyone hated PC's. . .has it switched back now? Remember all those Mac/switch commercials?
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:56 PM   #5
Outer Circle

For me they are both just computers.

------------------------------------------------------------
Do you get sand kicked in your face? Visit www.8palm.com :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:57 PM   #6
Capt. Quirk

My intro to Macs was in school, getting my AS in Graphics. I decided I didn't like Macs, when I would wait all day for a 3D clip to render, only to have it consistantly crash during the last 5 seconds. I had to bring my project home and finish it on my PC.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 05:28 AM   #7
Regular Crew

The Macs in your design lab were probably used by 15 other people who had little or no experience on how to set up and maintain them. When I was in school the computer techs had a full time job correcting stupid things that students had done to the computers.

My 12" Powerbook is great for grilled cheese.
Cannon Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:03 AM   #8
Inner Circle

My emachines laptop is a great bun warmer.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2004, 11:53 AM   #9
Major Player

My favorite story is going into KINKOS to use their Scanner. I had to use one of their MACS and for the life of me couldnt figure out a few of the processess. I called for help from a few of thier employees and everyone of them said "I hate these things. I use a PC"

lol lol lol
John Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 01:19 PM   #10
Tourist

My old G4 ran great. My new G4 runs better. I'm guessing that most peoples experience with mac evolved the use of classic. I never had a problem with it, but will admit that OS X is much more work efficient and stable. I haven't had to restart (due to crashing - lock ups) in over a year.
I think people (peecee users) are used to jumping through hoops, with dialogue boxes like "Are you sure you want to do this?", and "Are you double sure you want to do this?" When they get behind a mac they don't realize that they don't have to go through a complicated ordeal just to accomplish a simple task. For example: You put a CD in your mac and it mounts on the desktop. Done. Open it and go. That's much more simple then inserting the disk, navigating to My computer, double clicking the E drive. Sure you can make a "shortcut of your "E drive" on your desktop, but why? That's more junk and clutter on your desktop.
For me the Windows GUI is clunky and irritating to look at.
John Hudson's favorite story is one example of peoples inability to adapt. I'm not saying that John can't adapt, but certainly the Kinkos employees can not. They have macs there then they should be trained to use them. Bad management, and bad business. Not to mention unprofessional.
I work in an office and have to maintain PC's and Macs. People do stupid things on both platforms. For example: My computer won't turn on. I go over there and press the power button and it starts right up. I don't get it - I have to do this at least 3 times a month.
I guess everyone works differently though, and as long as the work gets done the only argument there will be is how it was done.
Paul Luisi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51