run and gun scary moment at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old May 21st, 2004, 05:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

run and gun scarey moment

I did more run and gun HELLO recording because today is friday and there is more people in the streets. I did not record to much because people can easily catch me today because there is more people in the streets and it is to hard to get away. I did do more anyway and here is what did happen and scared me. One man in a suit did grab me and I could not run away. He threatened me and did call me bad names. A police women saw it and pepper sprayed the suit in the face and arrested him. The police women ask me what happened and I told her all I said was HELLO and he attacked me. She asked me what I am doing with camcorder and I said I just come from work and always record buildings down town because I like down town Edmonton because I am from the country. She took my name and statement and did charge mr. suit for assault. Now I have better recording because I did record the police women pepper spray and hand cuff the suit. The police women was very nice to me. Edmonton is a good city.

I did not phone today.
Tom E Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2004, 05:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

So Tom, just to be sure...if we don't hear from you on here for say a day, or two, or even three days, should we assume that the coppers have detained you? If so, did you want one of us to check on the police stations to see if you are there and that you're okay? Or will you instruct your 'chicks' to post what happened to you on the boards? So we don't get overly worried bout you man. Above all, make sure that you get your tapes back if they try to confiscate it. :)
Joby Arandela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2004, 06:10 PM   #3
Outer Circle

I think it worked to his favour.

Tom, I moved the thread here. Keep us informed. By the way, this is the craziest thing that I've read all week. The stuff you do is something that I may have done when I was 16. I could offer you a few tips, but the boss wouldn't like it. :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2004, 12:43 PM   #4
Contributor

One tip for shooting people on the streets is make sure your little red light is off, then, assuming you're using a camera with a flipout LCD screen, fold the screen back up against the camera so you can look at it while the camera is aimed out to the left. If you're not looking in the direction the camera is pointed, they don't think you're shooting them.
One time I had to do a time lapse crowd shot, which meant letting the camera run for about half an hour. For about the first 10 minutes, everytime somebody saw the camera they would either duck or wave or, if teenagers, start making stupid faces and scratching their crotches. So I simply turned sideways and looked over the side of the camera, ignoring what I was actually shooting (didn't have a camera with a flipout screen). I got half an hour of uninterrupted footage.

On the other hand, if you're shooting closeups of individuals, that is a bit different. Some people don't want to be identified on camera. Maybe they're in the witness protection program, or an undocumented immigrant or something like that.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:03 PM   #5
Outer Circle

In Canada, people on the witness protection program are either sent to Red Dear, Alberta or Regina, Saskabush. Oops.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 10:42 PM   #6
Regular Crew

This was a close call because I did almost become beat up and I must run more to become faster and move faster like a weasel. I will then not get in to trouble because I can move faster and run away faster.
Tom E Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2004, 10:53 PM   #7
Warden

Tom, what do you do for a living?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2004, 04:33 AM   #8
Outer Circle

Perhaps be more careful, Tom, like be ready to run faster. :-))
Old May 23rd, 2004, 03:01 PM   #9
Trustee

<<<-- Originally posted by Frank Granovski : In Canada, people on the witness protection program are either sent to Red Dear, Alberta or Regina, Saskabush. Oops. -->>>

That the only way they can get people to live in those comunities. they should be putting Edmonton, St Albert, Sherwood park and Spruce grove on that list as well.

It's a bad idea to tape anything in those locales.
Old June 26th, 2004, 11:03 PM   #10
New Boot

Re: run and gun scarey moment

Gee. Sounds like a rough neighbourhood.

:-)

<<<-- Originally posted by Tom E Young : I did more run and gun HELLO recording because today is friday and there is more people in the streets. I did not record to much because people can easily catch me today because there is more people in the streets and it is to hard to get away. I did do more anyway and here is what did happen and scared me. One man in a suit did grab me and I could not run away. He threatened me and did call me bad names.

I did not phone today. -->>>
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:55 PM   #11
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Tom E Young : I must run more to become faster and move faster like a weasel. -->>>

Tom, I don't know if you're being serious but you're hilarious!
Brack Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2004, 07:55 PM   #12
Contributor

He is Funny.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2004, 03:41 PM   #13
Trustee

I bet he is 8 years old
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #14
Warden

I'll bet he's probably closer to 50.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #15
Contributor

Nah...a mental age of about 14, I'd say.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51