time machine for sale at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old April 1st, 2005, 03:59 AM   #1
Chimera Lighting

time machine for sale

opening bid is hundred million billion dollars

but I must have a cashiers check and know what year you are in,
Oh also what planet ect
My tme machine weighs aboutt 1000 tons if you need it shipped.

r
Old April 1st, 2005, 08:14 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Richard, are the special crystals included with this sale, or must they be bought seperately? Also, can you accept credit cards through Paypal, at that price, I really can't pay cash.... :P
Robbie Smolinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 08:57 AM   #3
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Robbie Smolinsky : Also, can you accept credit cards through Paypal, at that price, I really can't pay cash.... :P -->>>

Just do what I do with acting talent: 'Deferred payment'
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:02 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Does it go backwards AND forwards? A lot of the ones on eBay can only go backwards, is why I ask.
Barry Lajnwand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:05 AM   #5
Major Player

yes, but does it come with a lighting kit? Perhaps one on sale?
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:11 AM   #6
Wrangler

dear sir
i am from toronto but currently now travlling in prague, and wish to buy your tim machin for sale. i have billion dollars to pay more for your price and will good faith send you all for this. we to use www.bigfake-escrow.com for safe on both our side. i send to them, money, yes then you send time mechin. escrow site check both, the send rest to each. i send you full 1 billion, and you to take shipp cost out as well as your price, and send rest back, in good faith. is good?
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:00 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I am willing to pay one billion and one dollars. I am currently located in 2005. The money is in 2105.
Adam Lubkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:00 AM   #8
Major Player

NTSC or PAL?
Jim Sofranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:26 AM   #9
Wrangler

Hey Dylan, that link to bigfake-escrow.com isn't working. That's the place where I just sent the $20,000 to help the Nigerian Diplomat get his money into the US. Should I be worried?...

(this is all a lot of fun on April 1, but I'm gonna move it to Area 51)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:41 AM   #10
Major Player

Mr. Veil---

Please be advised that I have paid you in full for this technology. You will not remember the sale date, as it occurred on November 3, 1869.

In fact, since you failed to deliver, I had agents of my employ raid your compound in a lightning strike during the Stock Market Crash of 1929 (nothing covers insurgent action like a general panic) and have had the full use of the machine in the years since. I have roved the centuries, drunk the wine of empires and dallied with the great courtesans of history.

One question: HOW DO I STOP THIS THING!?

I'm headed unwillingly into the distant future, where, thank gosh, my descendants and yours have reconcoiled our ancient retail dispute. But the future ain't what it was s'posed to be, and I want to return your machine. It works too well ...

Please contact me via ultraquantum hyperspatial quarkmail as soon as is practicable. Back in the 1st century BCE, Cleopatra's claiming she's preggers and I fear her goons will catch up to me by intermarrying with your ancestors. (What a mess.)
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:53 AM   #11
Air China Pilot

Richard,

I am interested.

But are you willing to break up the package?
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:50 PM   #12
Trustee

I am not interested unless it supports 24p.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 02:27 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Is there a trial version of its software available for download? If so, does it only allow you to travel a maximum of 30 days into the future before purchasing the full version? Or perhaps you can only use it five times (better make sure you save that last trip to get home)?

When is v2.0 slated to be released?
There's no way for you to know if what I'm saying is true unless you know what the truth is, and there's no way for you to know what the truth is unless there is a truth that you can know. -- Frank Peretti
Jeremy Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:58 AM   #14
Major Player

They say time travel really could be possible, just not for any physical being because of the speed requirement. They say that by using "worm holes," which are theoretically small passages in the time continum, time travel can be accomplished. So think of the direction this is going in. It is possible, but we can never do it. Well I say what about the electronic information age. If nothing physical can travel through time, then what about an elctronic message. (an E-mail) I believe it is possible to send an e-mail today, back to a computer yesterday. The speed requirement is definely there. So if a terrible(preventable) tragedy happens to somone close to you, can send an e-mail back in time (to the day before) either to yourself or the person involved in the tragedy and corrective, preventive actions result in no tragedy. No Flux Capacitor needed. So the moral of this story is.....better check your freakin' emails.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #15
Wrangler

I don't know about a time machine, but a machine for interdimensional travel was supposedly developed a few miles from my home in the Jersey Pine Barrens: http://www.deoxy.org/inc2.htm
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51