Canon's making room ... ??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old April 9th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #1
Wrangler

Canon's making room ... ???

Looks like Canon's making room for more models.
http://www.canondv.com

Or maybe they're just running out of space with all the models they have in production.
Michael Wisniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #2
Wrangler

Ya never know -- hope so!

Interesting that much has been made in the past about the GL2 and XL2 being put out by the consumer division of Canon...mainly as a reason (excuse?) why a particular feature wasn't included or up to professional par, like the XLR Line-In that so many folks were upset about.

If they're clearly delineating them as a line of professional cameras, one does wonder what will be filling that white space next to the XL2 and GL2 pictures on the pro part of the web page.

I love my XL2, but I'll love an HD version of it even more. C'mon Canon, give us all a nice surprise this spring!

EDIT: I just also saw that the Canon site is also advertising FireStore now...if it was there before, I didn't notice it. But I ain't spending any more money on toys until well after NAB!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 06:35 AM   #3
RED Code Chef

The firestore has been there for a while already (like at least a
couple of months!)

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:44 PM   #4
Major Player

Wow! An XL2 with Hi-Def? It sounds like a winner to me. I just wonder how much farther out of reach the XL2 would become after that. Becau$e of the co$t, the current XL2 is jus$t a dream for $omeone like me. Ok, for heaven $akes I'll $top the dollar $ign thing now.
$incerely, $teve
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2005, 01:04 PM   #5
Major Player

An XL2 with HD would not be an XL2. Such a major upgrade would at least bump it to a XL3, if not spawn a completely different product line altogether.
Nigel Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51