Official Letter from Chris Hurd (not Michael Pappas) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Closed Thread

Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

cleared

Cleared off.

Admin's note -- Michael did his own clearing... none of us edited him. (CH)
Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:00 AM   #2
DVX User

Sorry in advance Chris.. don't mean to muck up your clean house over here with all our garbage :(
Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:54 AM   #3
Major Player

Chris

While we are here hangin in your pad with our drama; you got a Corona?
Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:58 AM   #4
DVX User

John.. I think in texas they only drink Celis.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:05 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Ohh, I'll drink anything except American Budweiser. Perhaps the original Budweiser product (as manufactured for the last 1000 years in the Czech Republic) but definitely not the "watery" substance produced domestically.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 04:15 AM   #6
Trustee

Chris, I don't know why Michael's posts are "cleared off", but if he's trying to defend himself, can he be allowed to post? If his posts are offensive or more of the "same" he's been accused of (And under these circumstances, I fully understand why you wouldn't want this crap aired here) can the thread be deleted? Otherwise it seems onesided...I'm not taking sides, just curious as a user on both DVXUser and here as to why this has gone so damned crazy!

Aaron
Old May 3rd, 2005, 04:23 AM   #7
Inner Circle

No Offense guys, but i too am a member of dvxuser, as well as dv info.. i also run my own tech forum in aus with over 35k members and i have to tell you, the bahaviour im seeing here is like a schoolyard.

considering the level of intelligence here on this board as well as dvxuser, i would have expected better, and to not bring baggage frmo one site over to this site.

like i said, i run a forum with over 35k members (www.austech.info) and i do not have this problem. Not because of the rules which are set, but for the respect my community has within itself and with other likeminded forums.

Its not polite to drag a fight out to another site as things blow out of proportion and people specualte on heresay.

all i can say is that this behaviour is quite simply, pathetic.
Within this industry, its appalling..

Irrespective of who was right or wrong, your all old enough to know better.

Some of you are professionals, while others are hobbyists and others students, but that is of no consequence here.

The fact that your bringing your crap into this backyard is...

If i was a mod, id be deleting this thread and any thread associated with this faceless "hide behind the monitor" political bullshit.

we all have one uiltimate goal, and that is to provide a community full of resources. Lets not lose focus on what these forums are all about.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 04:30 AM   #8
Trustee

Peter, I agree. The thread should be nuked.

Aaron
Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:36 PM   #9
Obstreperous Rex

Howdy from Texas,

For Aaron, yes, normally this kind of thread would be nuked, but Peter Jefferson makes some excellent points that are well worth reading, so I've pruned it down to the essential posts and moved it to... where else? Area 51, of course.

Also Aaron, Michael cleared his own messages. I wasn't even aware of this mess until I woke up this morning. Remember I'm two time zones ahead of the West Coast where all this went down; so it was way past my bedtime when this deal fired up.

Now for the most important part... about the beer... *ahem*

Jarred's from Vancouver, so I wouldn't expect him to know this, but the National Beer of Texas is well known to Texans but practically unheard of anywhere else. And it is... (drumroll please):

Shiner Bock, of course!

When we eventually host the Official DV Info Net Jamboree and BBQ down here one of these days, and all y'all are invited, we'll have buckets and buckets of icy-cold Shiner Bock for your enjoyment -- and then you'll see what the big deal is all about! Looking forward to it,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51