Next XL2 Price Drop? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old May 29th, 2005, 10:07 AM   #1
Major Player

Next XL2 Price Drop?

Alright, when it came out, it was about $4999, then it went down to $4399. Now its $3999 at B&H photo.

With the release of the HD cameras (or any other factors), does anyone have a good estimate of when the next price drop will be? I'm looking to sell my XL1s, and I'm going to grab an XL2.
Bryan Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2005, 01:49 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Bryan,

Fair question, but we just had a thread in the XL2 forum along those lines that unfortunately turned rapidly into a combination of sponsor-bashing and Wanted-to-Buy posts. Since any answer to this question will only be speculation, I've decided to move it to the AREA 51 forum.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #3
Major Player

Alright, cool. To narrow my question then (and hopefully prevent some of that), I'll let everyone know that I'm only interested in buying it at B&H, and care not for the prices at other merchants. I'm interested in what and when products are to be released, and what other events might occur that would cause a drop in the price. I plan on buying it around December, and if it hasn't gone down by them, I'll still be buying it. I'd love to pay $3500 for it though. It's a shame for cannon that it's dropping so fast (it's a beautiful camera) - but good for me since I'm not the wealthiest nineteen year old in the world.
Bryan Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2005, 07:30 AM   #4
Wrangler

As great as B&H is, don't forget that DVinfo has several other sponsors who also sell the XL-2. Have you checked their prices?

http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/index.php
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2005, 04:50 PM   #5
New Boot

sorry didnt read all mes.

Last edited by Thomas Thoren; May 31st, 2005 at 12:54 PM.
Thomas Thoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #6
Major Player

It appears the XL2 purchase price isn't decreasing at all.

The price for the XL2 with 20x was $4200 and the XL2 body was $3600. Then the price for the XL2 with 20x dropped to $3999 while the XL2 body remains at $3600. So logically, the XL2 is retaining its purchase premium while the 20x lens value has dropped dramtically. ; )

(All prices from B&H)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51