How would you bring FCP into the 21st century? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Closed Thread

Old May 22nd, 2010, 09:26 AM   #46
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McAleece View Post
There are a lot of glitches that they need to fix that have been present forever.

1. When I am capturing HDV and click outside of the L&G window it will often make that window unable to be closed and I will have to force quit the entire program. That is LAME.
Huh, Glad I don't have that problem

Quote:
2. Whenever i do have to force quit FCP forgets my window layout and I have to go back in and change it which happens fairly often. PLEASE make FCP remember my default window layout.
Don't you make custom window layouts? A hassle, but one click gets you back, except for below...

Quote:
3. And speaking of window layouts it really should be able to remember the windows exactly as I place them not moving them over several pixels in either direction or completely moving and resizing the "effects" window that I have set up.
Yeah, what's up with that?

Quote:
4. PLEASE enable Background capturing. Seriously, I can't capture DV in the BG in 2010?
Just had to capture 12 hours from a dance performance - So yes PLEASE on that one.

How about Compressor presets that actually work.
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #47
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck View Post
If Apple would only tell us what they were doing... all these rumors. I am considering switching to another NLE if this trend to continues, just because I believe that secrecy and professional software don't go well together.
Unfortunately, this is par for the course with Apple - they DON'T speculate and "leak" info. When it's "ready", they release it.
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #48
MPS Digital Studios

Just like Canon and others--once it's ready they release it. No vaporware.

However, I've read stories that Apple likely does leak info, but they do it on purpose and as a way to build excitement and to gauge responses.

Heath
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #49
Major Player

They did leak that the new MP & a new 27" display would be released in June a couple of months ago.

Maybe now that the ipad is off & running, their pro stuff will be next in line for updates.
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #50
MPS Digital Studios

It's amazing how in just a few short years (mostly due to consumer product sales going up, and Mac Pro sales going down) that the WWDC has gone from Jobs announcing new processors for the Power Macs to iPhones and stuff. Plus, for developers, consumer products make them more money when developing third-party software and stuff for them.

Then again, in 2005 he talked about switching to Intel and that encompassed every system they make.

Heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51