today I found a scanner at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old April 20th, 2006, 05:18 AM   #1
Outer Circle

today I found a scanner

I was driving up my lane and there it was in its original box with the manual and software beside an ugly garbage bin. Pristine too! Darn, I just bought a new one not too long ago and it kinda set me back. Film scanners aren't cheap. In another couple of years I should be finding HDV cams hardly used (I wish). :-)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:49 AM   #2
Major Player

I remember the day when I walked into a store 5 years ago and saw a sign: 30 diskettes - 2 $ - needs formatting.
Well - i needed diskettes as we used them for creating emergency boot diskettes for our systems. The last box we had was empty, so it sounded like a good deal. But I was not prepared for the extra. The 30 diskettes was a brand new IBM OS/2 kit complete with manuals. They had hundreds of them! Sort of sad that the only value left was in the raw diskettes.

JOS. Svendsen
Jos Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 06:03 PM   #3
Outer Circle

Today, as I was driving up my lane, I saw this pile consisting of a 'puter, 17" screen, 2 printers, ASUS mother board, lots of software and a V-TECH cordless phone---all nicely placed in their boxes and bags. SO I BAGGED 'EM ALL!!! :-)
Old April 20th, 2006, 06:07 PM   #4
Major Player

Frank, maybe you could let us all have the address of your lane, I'm sure I could do with a few more free gadgets...
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #5
Outer Circle

The North lane of West 3rd Avenue by Yew Street. That's in Vancouver, British Columbia. ;-)
Old April 20th, 2006, 07:03 PM   #6
Trustee

I think I have it figured out.

Frank,

You are not supposed to take the ones still in the Fedex boxes!

;)
Old April 24th, 2006, 02:56 AM   #7
Outer Circle

There are tons of apartments/condos in my area, and many people move in, then move out, leaving lots of goodies behind. Probably what I'll do too when I move.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51