DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   FX1 Out of Stock at B & H (merged with Z1 thread) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/65575-fx1-out-stock-b-h-merged-z1-thread.html)

Stu Holmes May 23rd, 2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu Holmes
Price now up to $3,099 !!
so in last 2 weeks, the price for FX1 at B&H has gone from 2,999 to 3,049 to 3,099...
interesting!

Price has gone up again for FX1 at B&H.
Now $3,199 !
that makes it $200 more than the PAL version which is highly unusual to say the least.

at least the 3rd price rise in about a month..
To me, that sounds like limited stock (...!) + high demand.

Chris Barcellos May 23rd, 2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu Holmes
Price has gone up again for FX1 at B&H.
Now $3,199 !
that makes it $200 more than the PAL version which is highly unusual to say the least.

at least the 3rd price rise in about a month..
To me, that sounds like limited stock (...!) + high demand.

Probably due solely to the title of this forum thread. This thread keeps coming up with this title, and someone starts getting excited.........

George Vick May 24th, 2006 02:23 PM

I just ordered mine and they did a price match with onecall.com @3031.99. Should be here in a few days.

Bob Zimmerman May 29th, 2006 09:31 AM

I got a e-mail from B & H today and it says FX1 out of stock, only by special order.

Does that mean they will not stock it again? Maybe they know a new model is coming.

Donald White May 29th, 2006 10:09 AM

demo sold

I also noticed that B & H sold an FX1 demo on ebay - just ended & sold for $2,850.

I've been considering purchasing a used FX1, but may wait & get a new HVR-Z1.

Don

George Vick May 29th, 2006 10:45 AM

Strange, I ordered mine last week with no problems.

Dale Connelly June 5th, 2006 09:23 PM

Does anyone have any news concerning this? B&H is still out of stock. It's odd that no one is very concerned anymore. This camera is the XL-1 of HDV in my opinion.

Any slivers of information about a possible replacement out there?

Chris Hurd June 5th, 2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Connelly
This camera is the XL-1 of HDV in my opinion.

I disagree. This camera is the VX1000 of HDV in my opinion.

All camcorders are replaced sooner or later.

George Vick June 5th, 2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Does anyone have any news concerning this? B&H is still out of stock. It's odd that no one is very concerned anymore. This camera is the XL-1 of HDV in my opinion.

I got my cam last Wendsday. The website said they were out of stock when I looked too but I called and they said they had a few in.

Brandon Savoie June 6th, 2006 03:51 AM

Quote:

I'm not really concerned because I know I will be satisfied with this model for years. Your camera won't be out dated if Sony releases a newer model tommorow, however, I do think they would be pushing too fast if they did. Having the latest gear is always fun but the truth is everything gets replaced eventually...

Boyd Ostroff June 6th, 2006 07:49 AM

Quote:

Does anyone have any news concerning this? B&H is still out of stock. It's odd that no one is very concerned anymore.

Seems to me that we're just looking at a very popular model camera and Sony is having a hard time keeping up with demand. There really isn't anything comparable at this price point, is there? Why would Sony replace a product that's selling so well less than two years after its introduction?

Bob Zimmerman June 6th, 2006 09:08 AM

Maybe not replace but update it.There would be nothing wrong with that.

Steven Gotz June 6th, 2006 09:13 AM

I imagine that upgrading to the "FX2" would allow them to provide a "real" 30p, and maybe even a 24p.

And there are a couple of features on the Z1 that the FX2 could implement and still not compete with the Z1 (Z2?), like the ability to see in the LCD what the camera is actually recording.

I don't expect anything new for quite some time. Maybe at the two-year mark? Maybe for the next NAB? That would be sufficient time in between models, I think.

Jay Handleson June 6th, 2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
And there are a couple of features on the Z1 that the FX2 could implement and still not compete with the Z1 (Z2?), like the ability to see in the LCD what the camera is actually recording.

Now there's a novel concept I could live with!

JayH

Stu Holmes June 6th, 2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
Why would Sony replace a product that's selling so well less than two years after its introduction?

Yes fair point Boyd ....but...thats more or less exactly what a lot of people said when the HC1 was rumored to be discontinued! Strong model, big sales success and Sony canned it. And it *was* discontinued :

http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/tourist/a...C=1&LG=1&B2=85

All discontinued models on that Sony list have "The completion of production" written next to them. - Check HC1.

That's not necessarily to say that the FX1 is definitely going the same way, but it wouldn't surprise me. Promotes sales of Z1 somewhat, (and maybe A1 somewhat too but to a much lesser extent) and makes a gap in Sony's consumre range for some other potential new model.