DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   Videography opportunity of a lifetime (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/66997-videography-opportunity-lifetime.html)

David Yuen May 9th, 2006 03:14 PM

Videography opportunity of a lifetime

I'm not sure if this belongs in Area 51...

At least we'll be prepared to video record this tsunami.

How long can you tread water?

http://www.savelivesinmay.com/

http://www.savelivesinmay.com/part3.htm

TO UNDERSTAND THE TSUNAMI OF MAY 25, 2006.

By Eric Julien, MAY 3, 2006.

This is the third article on my prediction of huge tsunami in the Atlantic Ocean on MAY 25, 2006. It aims first of all at safeguarding the lives of the coastal populations around the Atlantic Ocean where a fragment from comet SW-3 will impact, involving a brutal awakening of underwater volcanoes.

Jim Michael May 9th, 2006 03:52 PM

I'm sold. Pass the Kool-Aid.

Tim Borek May 10th, 2006 09:19 AM

Good way to sell a book. If he's right, God help us all. (The government won't, that's for sure.)

I recommend shooting this from a helicopter near the shore. Stay clear of the mid-Atlantic though!

Keith Loh May 10th, 2006 10:00 AM

What a crappy website. If the news is so serious you would think he would put the explanation of his warning on the front page.

Also, is it usual that flying craft (spaceship)'s speed is measured in knots?

Craig Terott May 10th, 2006 10:45 AM

Definately Area 51...

So out of 6 billion people on the planet - the friendly aliens wanted to communicate with him. He's a lucky guy.

I think that might be luckier than getting struck by lightening while holding the winning mega-jackpot ticket in your hand.

Matt Gottshalk May 10th, 2006 11:12 AM

I have ammo and food for 3 months...do you?

:)

George Ellis May 10th, 2006 11:28 AM

Area 52. Spaceweather says the event is the 10th-16th.

Jim Michael May 10th, 2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Gottshalk
I have ammo and food for 3 months...do you?

:)

I don't think your ammo will be a match for the 200 foot wall of water.

Daniel Bates May 10th, 2006 04:07 PM

Definitely Area 51, and then Gone but Not Forgotten [edit: The Archives] after May 25.

Marcus Marchesseault May 10th, 2006 09:39 PM

I live in the Pacific Ocean, so I'm okay. You guys are all screwed, even Europe and Africa. I guess California should be fine as the Rocky Mountains should protect you.

I promise to have my eyes glued to CNN and feel really bad for at least two or three days when the rest of you are fish food. I would feel more sympathy for you, but you were warned in advance...

I mean, it was on the internet...that means it is beyond reproach, right?

Just in case, I'm getting a roll of quarters and a new pair of Nike's.

Chris Hurd May 11th, 2006 06:45 AM

I'm in a good mood, so Area 51 it is.

Wayne Morellini May 11th, 2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Borek
Good way to sell a book. If he's right, God help us all. (The government won't, that's for sure.)

I recommend shooting this from a helicopter near the shore. Stay clear of the mid-Atlantic though!

If he's right, you move to Texas ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Terott
Definitely Area 51...

So out of 6 billion people on the planet - the friendly aliens wanted to communicate with him. He's a lucky guy.

Or, very unlucky aliens!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault
I live in the Pacific Ocean, so I'm okay. You guys are all screwed, even Europe and Africa. I guess California should be fine as the Rocky Mountains should protect you.

You better hope that their calculations are not out by more than a few hours.

"Step up, step up folks, the World keeps turning, where it hits....".

I hope he isn't hosting this server on the east coast, it would make it difficult to co-ordinate disaster relief efforts for his alien friends.

Jack Zhang May 12th, 2006 12:19 AM

You never know if it's true, oh and by the way, anyone going there must be in a helicopter to shoot the wave coming in.

Wayne Morellini May 12th, 2006 01:58 AM

Or, have that Brear Robo suite, air tank and a surfboard. No, I'm joking. I have heard these things before, from time to time. Pray to God, if it's true, that it doesn't happen. But some how I doubt it will.

Thanks

And I hope it doesn't. :)

Nick Hiltgen May 12th, 2006 08:06 AM

So like, what he's saying is, If I have a shoot in Cannes around that time I should pack a rain cover or something?

Dale Paterson May 13th, 2006 12:52 AM

Does anyone know what software he used to create those pictures of earth with the markups? I wan't it!

Dale.

Frank Granovski May 13th, 2006 08:22 PM

I don't get it. :)

Wayne Morellini May 13th, 2006 08:57 PM

Hey, I tried looking up those sites again, and now it can't locate the remote server. Do you think he might have seen my comment yesterday and relocated his site out of the east coast into the west coast ;) .

I'd be interested where ever his house is in the strike zone or not, and where ever or not he is trying to sell it? I think people that write stuff like this usually believe what they say through.

Jack Zhang May 14th, 2006 02:29 PM

That's a huge shame we can't see the stuff anymore!

Wayne Morellini May 14th, 2006 07:00 PM

Do you think it might be a conspiracy to depopulate parts of the Atlantic sea board so that people from the deep hills of Arkansas can take them over?

Richard Plumridge May 15th, 2006 06:42 AM

All I can say is that I love being in Australia :)

Richard

Jack Zhang May 16th, 2006 10:49 PM

The site's back up with a new design.

Craig Terott May 17th, 2006 06:37 AM

T minus 8 days & counting...

Not even Jack Bauer can stop this from happening.

[The "24" clock counts down...]

Keith Loh May 17th, 2006 08:21 AM

Pretty soon there won't be enough time to read his book!

Tim Goldman May 17th, 2006 09:13 AM

what? a tidal wave...er tsunami. Well this is real, the discovery channel has a show about it. Except it's one of thoese "in the future" shows. Theres a huge fault running through one of the Canary islands or Azores islands i think it was. Anyway part of this island will one dya fall into the sea. This is spose to produce a mega tsunami or something. But they also have that show where yellowstone blows up, so i guess it's just dangerous everywhere.

Well hey look at this, it is the canary islands after all
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs...amidanger.html

Wayne Morellini May 17th, 2006 10:36 AM

Maybe we should stop this, as it is poor taste, and wait to see what happens. Then we can comment.

Survival tip:

100 Meter waves:

Mountains aren't going to stop it unless the mountain is pretty big, the secret is energy dissipation (the reason these waves can turn corners). There is the risk that the wave might have so much energy as to ride up and over the mountain, so it is best to have at least one mountain between you and the mountain you are standing on, as if the wave has enough energy it could ride up the second mountain etc as well. If on a table top mountain plain, try to find very high hills far in the plain, as the water may well just flow around it.

Well, at least my survival plan, for something like this, is something like that.

Tim Goldman May 17th, 2006 11:02 AM

my advice is learn to swim, or be a good freind of aquaman.

Keith Loh May 17th, 2006 12:51 PM

I'm pretty sure Jack Bauer can punch the wave away.

Tim Goldman May 17th, 2006 08:08 PM

you know, there may be something going on here that we don't know about...
http://www.wftv.com/news/9235304/detail.html

kinda spooky

Stu Holmes May 18th, 2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Goldman
Theres a huge fault running through one of the Canary islands or Azores islands i think it was.

Tenerife. One of the Canary Islands. Bye-bye East Coast..

Jack Zhang May 18th, 2006 10:42 PM

^Or...

La Palma, Volcano erupts, Landslide occurs, Bye bye East coast.

Deep Impact actually gives you a good idea of what this event might look like, of course, after this we'll have real footage of one.

Nick Hiltgen May 18th, 2006 11:44 PM

I heard bush bombed the canary islands already in attempt to fight the bird-flu.

But seriously, I've already paid my security deposit for my apartment in atlanta, if it get's wiped out do I get my deposit back or am I just S.O.L. cause well that would suck.

Jim Michael May 19th, 2006 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Hiltgen
I heard bush bombed the canary islands already in attempt to fight the bird-flu.

Too funny.

Quote:

But seriously, I've already paid my security deposit for my apartment in atlanta, if it get's wiped out do I get my deposit back or am I just S.O.L. cause well that would suck.
Elevation here is about 1000 feet. Be sure to buy gas on the 24th.

Tim Goldman May 19th, 2006 07:08 AM

Hey, I live right buy one of the few ountains around atlanta (no not stone). So I'll just run up there when that 1000 foot wave comes. More likely I'll just drive to alabama....well on second thought maybe not

Nick Hiltgen May 19th, 2006 09:22 AM

Jim so what you're saying is I could have Beach front property then eh? If gas prices end up going crazy(er) I'm just converting my car to biodeisel earlier then I had planned.

Craig Terott May 22nd, 2006 11:14 AM

T minus 3 days & counting till dooms day.

Dale Mellinger May 22nd, 2006 03:51 PM

How far east should I go to be able to tape it? I'm in PA, will that work?

It's amazing what shows up online. (lol)

Jim Michael May 22nd, 2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Goldman
Hey, I live right buy one of the few ountains around atlanta (no not stone). So I'll just run up there when that 1000 foot wave comes. More likely I'll just drive to alabama....well on second thought maybe not

Is that banjo pickin' I hear?

IIRC, the wave should be 200 meters or a little over 600 feet, so I think you'll be OK at 1000 feet elevation. Then again, it's not my fantasy so what do I know? I'll be in the Stinson, just in case.

The concept of beachfront property will be rather transitory.

Tim Goldman May 22nd, 2006 04:32 PM

600 feet? well there goes florida!
I saw on the news today about what would happen if a cat 3 hurricane hit NYC. let's just say things would be soggy all over....wall street would get 7 feet of water!

Dale Guthormsen May 22nd, 2006 06:44 PM

The Wave

I just dropped in and its a good thing. Up here in Saskatchewan Canada It would never get here.
But I do have old friends who would live to die surfing a 200 foot title wave and for that reason I forwarded the information. Just dont Pearl and remeber to pull out before the big break!!! One heck of a ride.