"HDV" Font? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old July 21st, 2006, 08:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

"HDV" Font?

This is sort of a bizzare question -- and I have no idea where to ask it, so it's entering Area 51.

I was curious as to which font (if any) was used in the "HDV" logo. Anyone know the name?
Old July 22nd, 2006, 09:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I doubt it's an actual font, although there's probably something out there that's close to it.

One thing I do know for sure: you need to pay a licensing fee to use logos such as HDV, DVD, MiniDV, etc.
Stephen Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:02 AM   #3
Trustee

You could try finding a web page with the HDV logo in it and reading the html code for that page. It might give a name to the font...

Robin
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 10:38 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson
You could try finding a web page with the HDV logo in it and reading the html code for that page. It might give a name to the font...

Robin
Unfortunately, if you don't already have the font installed on your computer, a font won't render on your computer even if its specified in the html. Those logos are all images. A long time ago, MS tried creating a way to embed fonts in html, but that just didn't work.

I suspect, as Stephen said, its probably a custom font or not a font at all and it was just created in a graphics program from scratch or by altering an existing font.

That being said, you may be able to find something similar by uploading the image and have it analyzed by using WhatTheFont
http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

You may be able to find logo-use information here:
http://www.hdv-info.org/
Achtung! Das camera ist nicht fur der fingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und popencorken mit spitzen sparken. Das camera ist diggen by experten only. Ist nicht fur gerwerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen das cottenpiken hands in das pockets. Relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
Chris Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #5
New Boot

I just tried that What The Font service and the best match I could come up with was Zeppelin 43 Bold.

Hope that helps...
Corey Callahan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51