My UFO wont start! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:23 AM   #1
Inner Circle

My UFO wont start!

I don't know if it is the alternator or the ignition. Anybody got any ideas? I am running late for the new Panasonic HDC-SD1's shooting test, as an mysterious lens artifact (or at least that is what the Pentagon brief tells me).

Boy it gets boring before Christmas.
Pure fiction of course (in case, anybody, was wondering).

Anyway merry Christmas period, and new as yet Unidentified Filming Objects to you.

Last edited by Wayne Morellini; December 3rd, 2006 at 08:05 PM.
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:50 PM   #2
Trustee

try the degeneration mcflabulator, or recharge your flux capacitor. Your synergy drive calibration may also be a little off.
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Winter
try the degeneration mcflabulator, or recharge your flux capacitor. Your synergy drive calibration may also be a little off.
Thanks

Is that recharge technique the one where you put your tongue between the two terminals of the flux capacitor to test if it's full?
Old December 10th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #4
Major Player

It's possible that it wouldn't start because you were surrounded by normal people. Try and get yourself surrounded by backwoods weirdos and occultists, as they are the only ones who can see a UFO in flight (p.s. make sure there is a mysterious military base in the vicinity, somewhere that may or may not have a hanger number 51)
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 10:49 PM   #5
Inner Circle

It is amazing how educated some of those people are. Maybe they can fix the problem for me, surrounding myself with normal people hasn't helped, they don't know how to fix it. Maybe this year I'll camouflage the unit with a slay and reindeer again, but it's cold I'd better grab my red over coat and red beanie. Actually it's a long flight, I can't figure out where to stick the extra methanol fuel cells, the sacks full of them. I know, I'll stick them under my overcoat!

Merry Christmas again.
(all said in good humour. If you are an intellectual, or back woods dweller, just be sure I don't actually have an UFO, this is not an conspiracy, no, I am not trying to cover up my tracks, really, none of it is true it is all a joke. No, please don't publish me in Ufologist weekly! Please don't send the men in black, grey or blue, around....
Old December 13th, 2006, 12:45 AM   #6
Regular Crew

There is a singular depth to this thread that reminds me of the common sense my mother taught me.

For example, she said I should not talk to strangers.

However, being that this passing strange thread has touched the core of my 60-year quest to find beings with whom I can communicate, I am more than Spocked to know that others also slay the reindeer.

As for those with no sense of humor,
May your rum-red nose wallow in rumor
May your sleigh be full of snow
And may you spend Christmas with
A Ho

Ho Ho.

Michael Knight
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Morellini
Thanks

Is that recharge technique the one where you put your tongue between the two terminals of the flux capacitor to test if it's full?
Hmmm.... be wary guys, this may be an alien life-form. Everyone knows a flux capacitor has three terminals.
Not sure what he's up to...

:)
Old December 13th, 2006, 09:46 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Nope, according to the testing procedure, two terminals will work fine (or was that three, and two to totally fry your body?).

Have to get off now, my co-pilot, ET (the Extra Test pilot) might want to use the phone.

Old December 14th, 2006, 06:26 AM   #9
Major Player

UFOs don't "start". The control panel is accessed by placing your hands about 25 cm from the panel. You will feel a tingling sensation in the palms of your hands and will simply "know" what to do from there. Due to the tachyonic nature of the interface you will become aware of answers to questions before you think of the questions. You'll get used to it.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I used to teach a video production class back in the 80's when CCD cameras first came out.I had one student who's camera,he said,would distort bright objects to the point where anything like a street light or hot spot would take on the shape of a UFO (or a lopsided cowboy hat as he put it).

One could have fun with some of his home vids.Hey as long as you don't end up getting the elusive Elvis interview or images of Jesus in the Pizza Hut sign,I would say you're OK,no need to change your meds.
Marty Hamrick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51